Fiskars X27...Wow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jason A

Jun 27, 2018
Temple, New Hampshire
I bought the Fiskars X27 after what was probably way too much research for a splitting axe. The reviews for this tool made it seem more like a mythical weapon than a simple wood splitter. Needless to say, I was skeptical that it would perform half as well as the reviewers claimed. Well, I was wrong! Yesterday was splitting day and I couldn't have been more pleased with this axe. Oak and Maple, 12 to 16 inches in diameter, was halved in one swing. It was the first time I ever wished I had neighbors so that they could witness the rounds being demolished. The knotty Beech however brought me back to earth as that needed some extra swings to break apart. In short, if you need a splitting axe...believe the hype!

Okay, I'm done. And no, this isn't a Fiskars sponsored post but if they're reading feel free to send me some free stuff.

Oh your in trouble! 2 X27's a 25 and a hatchet in my collection. Waiting to grab the newer maul next! I tried a handful of other options before trying the Fiskars. None compare. Enjoy.
Are you using the old car tire method? Its fast.
Keep it out of the dirt>>

Yep. Great tool. The best analogy Ive seen on here is that the hollow handle helps you produce faster head speed, almost like a golf club. I can swing it a lot longer than the sledge head maul. Gave that maul to a young buck lol.
Hatchet is fun and sharp enough to cut ya by looking crossways at it.