Flame height on classic bay 1200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heitzman

Sep 27, 2016
Pennsylvania
Manual says 4-6 inches above the pot. I been playing with the settings for 2 days now, thought I had it last night. Went to bed with the stove on medium heat setting, got up and it was out. Tried to start it and not enough fuel, when it would light it would quickly burn out. Opened the feed up maybe 1/8 inch tried it again and fired up easily.

Now the flames are a little higher then 6 inches, prolly close to 8. Still aggressive flame, no lazy pattern, no black tips BUT the flames are consistently bouncing off the back angle plate. I read somewhere they shouldnt be hitting the back plate due to it causing warping.

You classic bay guys, how high do your flames run on the high,med and low settings. Pics would be amazing too. Heading to work and will play some more with it tonight.....

Curt

fyi burning barefoot pellets.

Can't help you with the pics of a classic bay ... you could try a search using the box top right.

Both pellets were barefoot? If not, uniform size of pellets with no long ones? Could have bridging where pellets get stuck just above the auger.

Barefoot tend to run a little hotter but not sure if it is due to uniform size or materials used...

Set it on high. Low and medium will be what they are....

Status
Not open for further replies.