Flames burn time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wkpoor said:
I guess if your retired you can just wait till all the coals burn down and then load back up. Not everybody has those luxuries.

Wouldn't know. I'm retired. :coolsmirk:

But I still only load it twice a day. Old habit. Used to have a job.

I'm positive if my stove were in the living room I would have a whole different experience with a wood stove. Ya know, loading it every once in a great while because 250 degree stove top would heat me just fine and I could watch those lovely coals burn for hours with their nice golden glow. lololll Then there is my reality ville in the concrete coffin. Aaaah maybe next yr we'll line the fireplace and put a second stove in the great room.

wkpoor said:
Aaaah maybe next yr we'll line the fireplace and put a second stove in the great room.

Sounds like a great plan!

My flames go out when I turn the T-Stat down between 2 and 2 1/2. :)

Oh this question is geared towards the non cat guys. Last season when I was burning my Lopi Endeavor I would get secondary action for 2-3 hours like others have said. If I was home I would always open the air near the end of the burn to help the coals burn down once it got really cold out. This time of year the coals give off plenty of heat to keep the place warm while they burn down. I found burning the stove worked best burning in cycles, I would load around a 200*-300* stove top anything higher and things would get way to exciting for my taste. Tossing wood in a really hot stove would make it go nuclear, one time was all I needed. I pretty much got into a loading routine and followed it, loaded before work, small load after work and a load before bed. Some days it could have used another load but three usually did a good job must of the time.

Right now I'm loading the little lady in the evening around 8 or 9 and keeping the place a steady 70*-72* for 24 hours. :coolgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.