Flex Liner to stove connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NorthernCrew454

Jan 21, 2017
NE wisconsin
Hello all,

Looking for the correct way to connect a flexible chimney liner to the back of a pellet stove. I have attached images of what I currently have on hand - a 3" to 4" adapter that slides over the stove outlet and into the flexible liner. Is this the correct hardware? I assume some kind of sealant is required if so?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2930.JPG
    IMG_2930.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_2931.JPG
    IMG_2931.JPG
    142.6 KB · Views: 104
My flex liner is mounted to a vertically oriented 4" tee with the bottom blocked with a cap. Out of the tee is a 4" to 3" reducer and then out to the pellet stove with 3" double walled pipe. I personally would NOT run flex pipe into the heating space. I don't believe it is allowed in the building code.
Ron