Flexible Cleaning Rod

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRE10

Dec 23, 2014
NW, MO
I can clean pretty easy from the top down, but can't really clean where I have my 45's of double wall without taking it off the stove and insulated pipe. Any ideas on a flexible brush I could use from the inside of the stove up to where my insulated starts?

It would be more for mid winter cleaning. I don't mind taking the pipe off once a year in fall for pre cleaning.

I get worried more about build up in the double wall so it would ease my mind. I don't think I have much build up, but it would ease my mind to be able to clean it quickly and more frequently, plus I don't think it's that good on the pipe to screw and unscrew it so often.

I currently use the rigid fiberglass rods.

Attachments

• 20141223_183046(1).jpeg
    20141223_183046(1).jpeg
    110.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20141225_105936.jpeg
    20141225_105936.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 106
The sooteater rods can do this

Reactions: Swedishchef
Status
Not open for further replies.