Flue collar screw holes, Resolute I

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ansona

Hearth Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Eastern MA
Hello, I have an old Vermont Castings which has been idle for 15 years, and I don't believe the folks that gave it to me had it hooked up either. Photo attached. I have moved it into a fireplace which has a new 6" S.S Flexline running up through into the chimney liner with a tee on the end. The stove has a 6" round flue, rear facing, which is good for my installation. I expected there would be screw holes in the flue collar to attach pipe to, but there are none. Can anyone tell me how to attach the pipe?
Thank you for your attention.

Attachments

• img_8299-small.jpg
    img_8299-small.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 214
Also, what are the chances the furnace cement and door seals contain asbestos? I will assume the worse, but does anyone know when they stopped using asbestos?

Thanks Dave. I probably worry about asbestos more that I should. My Dad did some heating systems back in the old days. He told me stories where they would go into basements with no masks to bust up old coal furnaces and replace them with oil burners. He was lucky to live into his seventies but died from the affects - his lungs looked like swiss cheese on the pet scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.