Ford PowerBoost F-150 Hybrid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

walhondingnashua

Minister of Fire
Jul 23, 2016
ohio
Looking for opinions from people with a deeper knowledge than me on the new Ford PowerBoost F-150 Hybrid. I will be in the market for a new trick this summer (as I have said in another thread) and I have been leaning towards a used Tundra. I like reliability and the fact that I can drive it for 10+ years. There is an environmental benefit to getting everything out of a vehicle so the materials that went into it have as long of a life span as possible. However...

With low interest rates on new trucks, I am at least considering one. Its only rated at a 4mpg increase in the hybrid F-150, but that can be a significant savings over a month. Is it new technology (which I generally do not jump on until its been used for a while) or is it just taking some pre-existing technology that has been combined?

Any information would be appreciated.

I know tuse in storm hit aeas liked the built in generator.

That's the extent of my knowledge , lol

Remember, the listed gas mileage is often under ideal conditions. Real-world can be much lower because of a number of factors like terrain, average speed, weather, lead foot, load, etc. I had an earlier 3.5 turbo F150. On a flat highway at 50 mph it could get over 20 mpg. But as soon as the turbos kicked in the mileage dropped rapidly. Going uphill with a camper on it I was lucky to get 10mpg.