Ford wood splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

Resident Stove Connoisseur
Hearth Supporter
Jan 19, 2008
Salisbury, MD
Saw this pop up on CL and thought you guys might like to see it, never knew Ford had made wood splitters, I would buy it if I didn't have so much money already tied up into getting my F250 road worthy.

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/grd/4479003781.html

fordsplitter1.jpg fordsplitter2.jpg fordsplitter3.jpg

I think that might have been one of the screw driven splitters. The motor turns a gearbox which turns a large screw to move the pusher in/out. I could be wrong.

I think it would make a great buy. Load your antique Ford truck full of rounds, pull it to the car show, split the rounds at the show (to demo the splitter), haul home split wood. What else are you going to do all day at the car show?

Reactions: bassJAM
If I was a crazy ford enthusiast maybe I would pay $150, after seeing it start.

thats pretty cool, had no idea ford made a splitter. we had some ford equitment on the farm whem i was much younger, hay baler and a wing disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.