FREE epa wood stove in VT?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all that ,its the healthy 20 and 30 somethings that we are actually ruining by letting them drain resources needed for the elderly and truly disabled. When the program goes belly up its the elderly who will suffer from the mismanagement.
I agree but those 20 and 30 somethings make up a tiny portion of those who benifit from the program. And there are just as many 60 somethings playing the system as 20 somethings.

and at the end of the day, a free EPA rated cat stove is better than an old smoke dragon right? Colorado has a program that helps, but does not offset completely the costs

http://www.lung.org/local-content/colorado/documents/One-Page-Fact-Sheet.pdf

Ah, there's that word free again. At the end of the day I wish everything was free. Unfortunately at the end of the day I have chump change in my pocket after paying for all the free stuff I never see. Oh well, keep on pulling the wagon; or as my mother say's, "ya better keep working and paying taxes, a lot of people are depending on you". Thanks Mom :(

I agree but those 20 and 30 somethings make up a tiny portion of those who benifit from the program. And there are just as many 60 somethings playing the system as 20 somethings.
True in part. "Free heat is income based alone. So anyone even if your sitting on 1 Million in the bank but living on a small pension, you can still qualify. What an insane way to run a program. I interview a lot of 20 and 30 somethings as a property manager and landlord, in my experience its the younger generation loading up the programs. Simply because its so easy to get and few restrictions. Who can blame them, when you giving something away for free with little restrictions dont be surprised if a long line will form. When the money runs out mid season ,its the seniors who suffer.

Reactions: Ashful
True in part. "Free heat is income based alone. So anyone even if your sitting on 1 Million in the bank but living on a small pension, you can still qualify. What an insane way to run a program. I interview a lot of 20 and 30 somethings as a property manager and landlord, in my experience its the younger generation loading up the programs. Simply because its so easy to get and few restrictions. Who can blame them, when you giving something away for free with little restrictions dont be surprised if a long line will form. When the money runs out mid season ,its the seniors who suffer.
And my sister works in a county assistance office. Those who take advantage are spread out across all ages.

off track.jpg

Reactions: rox3406
I had a douche west which is basically a Vermont Casting. I defended it when it got trashed on different forums. BUT, i now admit, it was an evil wood stove

Hey i thought it was made in Vermont.

And my sister works in a county assistance office. Those who take advantage are spread out across all ages.
Ahhh theres the problem. Should be spread across all ages above 62. or at least 50. Unless disabled(truly disabled).

I never heard of this program (Subsidized Wood Stoves)but in a thread about heating assistance a few years ago i remember thinking this would be something worthwhile. For younger people with access to wood. Or even for older people buying wood. I like the idea of helping people, help themselves.

Ahhh theres the problem. Should be spread across all ages above 62. or at least 50. Unless disabled(truly disabled).
So there is no one under 50 that falls on hard times and needs some help? It isnt always laziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.