Free wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah now I get it. Good score I guess? Hope they come up some, always enjoy pics.

Whatever it takes, even at the expense of your suspension

Reactions: NateH
My Wife would kick my arse<>.........great score though. Maybe time for a trailer, or beater truck

My Stratus was an excellent scroungemobile too. Ok, good.
The $2,400 (total with exhaust n' new rotors) beater Dakota is in full service and now
my daily driver. The strat has 4 deer hits in three years. I drive the truck MUCH slower. LOL

Back on topic nice score, my stoving comrade! Knuckle-bump yourself on some free 24/7 heating.
Crack open a window and toss on a few freebies==c.

CheaperThanObamaCare

You from Russia - cuz it sure looks like a picture out of Russia....;lol;lol;lol

Redneck transport- get-er-done

Reactions: 19glendale
That's a dedicated addict right there

Reactions: 19glendale
Whatever it takes, even at the expense of your suspension
It seems to always bounce back. 2nd suspension on the car (1998 Toyota Avalon)... about 6-7 years old. The car has hauled multiple deer in the trunk @ once, a 7500 running watts generator, ~600-700 lbs of lumber, trunk-fulls of rocks, etc. I don't think this dry wood will be its demise.

Reactions: Woody Stover
put some blankets down over your upholstery!
I have a canvas seat cover. It's a 1998 with 200+ thousand miles, so it doesn't need to be pretty.

Even though there's a decent amount of Hedge around here, I've only gotten about 1/3 cord, total. Several near-misses on huge scores...I cried like a baby. :(
One winter day, I received a report of wood down. Guy says "It's Hedge-apple; Is that any good?" Needless to say, I didn't mess with the trailer, just got the heck over there as quick as I could, before it vanished. >>
007.JPG 006.JPG

Even though there's a decent amount of Hedge around here, I've only gotten about 1/3 cord, total. Several near-misses on huge scores...I cried like a baby. :(
One winter day, I received a report of wood down. Guy says "It's Hedge-apple; Is that any good?" Needless to say, I didn't mess with the trailer, just got the heck over there as quick as I could, before it vanished. >>
View attachment 186888 View attachment 186889
Very nice! Of course, if you cared so much about hedge then you should have buckled them in for their own safety. :p Needless to say, I wouldn't want one of those whacking me in the head after a sudden stop, either...

Reactions: Woody Stover
Status
Not open for further replies.