Friend of a friend beech score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osagebndr

Minister of Fire
Feb 20, 2014
Central Indiana
So I got a call last fri . To see if I was interested in cutting up a "descent size" beech that fell on a friend of a good friend of mine property . Me being into doing good deeds ( and a lover of beech ) said bring it on! Well I grabbed another wood burning friend and we went to cut this beast of a beech tree up. Thing was one if the biggest beech I've seen and the guy has bigger( like 150' tall x 48") beech standing that has our name on it if it ever falls. Here's some pics. I also include pics from a recent CL ash score I got on Father's Day too.of course my pics are all side ways for got to hold the camera the right way:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    833.1 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 336
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 282
That is a nice load of ash!

So I got a call last fri . To see if I was interested in cutting up a "descent size" beech that fell on a friend of a good friend of mine property . Me being into doing good deeds ( and a lover of beech ) said bring it on! Well I grabbed another wood burning friend and we went to cut this beast of a beech tree up. Thing was one if the biggest beech I've seen and the guy has bigger( like 150' tall x 48") beech standing that has our name on it if it ever falls. Here's some pics. I also include pics from a recent CL ash score I got on Father's Day too.of course my pics are all side ways for got to hold the camera the right way:)
Sometimes I wish I had friends.

Reactions: BrotherBart
I heart beech. Usually splits easy, although the last beech log I ran into was the exception. Also smells nice. Dude in the second pic looks like Superman! Did you have a cant hook to move those around?

Reactions: Osagebndr
Did you use your MS361 to cut the bigger trunk sections of the beech?

I used my 361 to cut up all of it except the small stuff my buddy has a ms 250 he did the small limb work and followed with my saw. The guy has a 4 wheel drive tractor and 35t splitter he's letting us use to take care of the hauling and splitting.

Reactions: Clyde S. Dale
I'm still looking for a bigger saw actively. Most of the saws I have and had have been used. I've been pretty lucky so far but a good 460 ish would be nice.

Reactions: Osagebndr
I forgot to mention the gentleman we are cleaning this tree up for also had one cut down and bucked into rounds about 2 yrs ago . He asked us to take the remainder of that tree first . We got 2 cord out of it. We are going to start in the big tree in the pics next wknd, weather permitting. His neighbor also had some large branches fall out of a tree on their property and want us to get that and a medium silver maple if we want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.