From this to this in a few months.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Late spring I got a massive load of logs, all hickory three varieties, oak and walnut. I split it with a co-worker we finished it was a job, his share was a dozen of these trailers filled to capacity, 12 feet long, I haven't a clue how much wood we have but it's years of burning.

load1.jpeg load2.jpeg load3.jpeg big pile.jpg 1l.jpg 2l.jpg 3l.jpg 2l.jpg 3l.jpg 4l.jpg 5l.jpg 6l.jpg 7l.jpg

Last edited:
looks like my place- and I'm whittling away at it pics from a couple weeks ago. there is more off to the right not in pictures. there is 6 log cord stacked up + another 4 or five on the ground.

phonepics aug 21 039.JPG phonepics aug 21 046.JPG

looks like my place- and I'm whittling away at it pics from a couple weeks ago. there is more off to the right not in pictures. there is 6 log cord stacked up + another 4 or five on the ground.

View attachment 281498 View attachment 281499
Looks good you'll definitely know the meaning of work when done. I've got a massive load of red oak I just started, will take me into a decade of wood. Couldn't sell or give away a massive load of red oak? So I'll split it and stack it.

4 years back when I sold previous place had apx 40 cord ( yea 4x4x8) css on hand. Some new neighbor decided to be code police which started a running battle with the local gov. Rather than fighting a pitched battle I sold ( dang place sold in 3 days wasn't ready for that. ) course it was AUG, hot as Hades could not even give it away. Couldn't take with either- no reasonable ($$) way to transport 50+ miles. I was back in that area about 8 months later, so drove past old place- all gone. Stove flue area was now sky light thingy.

• Sad
Reactions: Zombie
4 years back when I sold previous place had apx 40 cord ( yea 4x4x8) css on hand. Some new neighbor decided to be code police which started a running battle with the local gov. Rather than fighting a pitched battle I sold ( dang place sold in 3 days wasn't ready for that. ) course it was AUG, hot as Hades could not even give it away. Couldn't take with either- no reasonable ($$) way to transport 50+ miles. I was back in that area about 8 months later, so drove past old place- all gone. Stove flue area was now sky light thingy.
I hear you, no problem here with those problems, no nosy neighbors quite secluded, I couldn't even sell the load for $500, not bothered I just started splitting it, will post here later, massive load.

Glad you backtracked and decided not to enter in the battle even if you were back in the area in 8 months...Its depressing having to move especially when you get used to a place..That's why I am trying to defend my little home with doing things to help keep it a little healthy anyway..I eventually will have to move so distressing for me..and i hope that I can move into a less crowded area "with services"--I need this...our wonderful way of life is being encroached upon and we do the best that we can..then you take a visit and see whats there now--depressing..clancey

Hi Clancy- I did not move back to that area. I was just there on Biz. I have other friends with war stories about that city. So I knew which way the wind was going to blow.