Garn placement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curtis, my Garn supplier has a horizontal exhaust with a vertical chimney and has had no problems in nine years. I have the horizontal/barrel and am satisfied at this time.

An issue that I see with using a horizontal vented garn with an exterior T and chimney is the length of the horizontal flue. I know every Class A chimney that I have installed has specified a maximum length of the horizontal piping (ususally 18-24") Probably wouldnt be an issue in use for the garn if you exceed that length. But it could be considered a code violation. And something for the insurance company to not like.

Curtis
Here is the install info for external tee's and vertical chimney from the DuraVent site. They're .pdf files - or just go to the site for the full install document. http://www.duravent.com/Product.aspx?hProduct=1 They also have full dimensions of all the components on the site.
Dan

Attachments

• DuraTechG.pdf
    149.2 KB · Views: 229
  • DuraTechVert.pdf
    63.2 KB · Views: 209
  • DuraTechB.pdf
    100.1 KB · Views: 202
  • DuraTechC.pdf
    153.1 KB · Views: 222
  • DuraTechE.pdf
    61.4 KB · Views: 331
  • DuraTechF.pdf
    77.7 KB · Views: 470
Thanks for all the input/info guys, I really appreciate it. Im pretty sure that I am going to just go with a small seperate building for the boiler and 8-9 cords of wood storage. Someting around 20x20 I think will work good for me. Will probally with pole barn style framing to save money on not having to do any foundation and just pour a slab in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.