getting back in the swing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
small little black locust score today....found a dead locust tree that had fallen beside the road...i couldnt resist.....feels good to be back in the swing of things.....
AFAF2B51-F0EF-4359-BED5-F0BE16A751E2-14812-000011E346022F3C_zps6e329420.jpg

Bout time ;)
You almost ran out of wood ;lol

Nice score to get you back in the grove.

bogy i burnt thru some wood this year thats for sure.....burnt about 6 cord....getting a new stove so i hope to cut down on that next year....i stil got about 12 cord stacked and split...that pile ur looking at in the pic above is about 12 foot deep and about 16 foot long...

Don't look like sycamore,
Are you holding back the good stuff for the new stove ?

Nice.

lol...nah that stack is all locust...cherry... oak...hickory...and some walnut...i stack the sycamore seperate ...i actually only have about a cord of sycamore left..i gave a bunch away thru the winter....we have so much wood down its crazy..the storm that came thru last summer tore up some trees....they are every where...lots of oak..locust..poplar....and believe it or not ....very little sycamore...i cant tell u how glad i am to cut other wood besides sycamore.....that sycamore is tough to split..

Status
Not open for further replies.