Getting below freezing tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

Here in east central pa, the temps will drop below freezing. 5 hours north and west of me, you guys are getting 10 to 18 inches of snow. Gotta love unpredictable weather when you have a wood stove! Be well.

Reactions: n3pro
44 and raining now headed into the mid-thirties here. The 30 is munching on some pine to build a coal bed and warm my old bones up.

Sounds good BB. Quite the difference from the 80 deg last week.

Been burning since last night. I have had enough of this shyte!

Currently at 40, high of 46, down to 35 tonight. It was a nice break from burning but it is really nice to get it fired up again, especially when you know it will only be for a few days. I thought I had the rubber roofing on my 12/13 stacks well weighted down but the 36 mph wind gust proved me wrong :oops: Hopefully we get some dry windy days to make up for it. Coming home from Landisburg yesterday I hit some wet snow showers.

Seen some pictures out west, the trees looks beautiful with all the snow on them when your not affected by it.

They say it will hold steady here in the low thirties. Low thirties and rainy is my vote for the worst possible weather. The good thing is I get to use the stove for what I hope is the last time this year. I expect to burn until at least Wednesday.

Got a foot here today, ride home was tricky. It was only the second time I needed to use the tractor for snow removal this winter.

Stove has been cruising for the past 3 days.

Freeze warning for us so I am sure the wife will rekindle the FV while I'm at work. She's been running since Saturday afternoon.

fv

PE fired last night, fought away the dampness in the whole house just fine. Dropping down to 35ish tonight ( and the lilacs are budding, go figure). Hope I don't lose the lilacs, I love the smell of them in the house
cool-smiley-019.gif

PE is running now, and the Dixette is getting ready to fire up the 13. A good thing with this, is that it doesn't take alot of firewood to get the heat going at this time of year.

2012-04-23211919.jpg

Really had the stove blazing hard, unsure of this bit of wood I put in it, hard to keep the secondaries down, even with the air closed fully temps rose to 700's. Even had to go outside and cover the oak hoping to reduce more air, w/o luck. Everything ok now, got alittle nail biting for a good half hour though.

Reactions: PA Fire Bug
700 is an easy temp... you were fine.

Stay warm :)

Well, I'd phrase it as my smooth fox terrier laying infront of the stove, and loving it. 700 ain't nothing, beware of 1000F, that's some scarey stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.