Go PATS!! Go GIANTS!! Go crazy thread.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Who's going to bring it home?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
VCBurner said:
Great stuff guys! It is nice to see passionate fans and great picks imac! However, the Pats are winning in our pole here no matter how many pics you post. So as of today, this is our house, GO PATS!!!!

Today, Eli WILL NOT AVOID THE RUSH, and fall back for the luckiest throw of his carrer.

Today, the PATRIOTS WILL slow down the pass rush with the best tight end duo in the game.

Today, Wess Welker will draw the attention of at least two of those Giants DE's. He will aid in the demise of the G-men defense. He will add to the score board.

Today, Green-Ellis will run the ball and keep the Giants defense at bay. He will add to the score.

Today, Branch will go long and get open.

Today, the Patriots defense has turned the page on a season where they were not supposed to be able to win a game when the offense faulters. They WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE!!!! They WILL GET TO ELI MANNING.

The G-men are a formidable foe, as with every great game in history, a formidable opponent will lose.

Today, belongs to the Patriots.

VCBurner said:
Great stuff guys! It is nice to see passionate fans and great picks imac! However, the Pats are winning in our pole here no matter how many pics you post. So as of today, this is our house, GO PATS!!!!

Today, Eli WILL NOT AVOID THE RUSH, and fall back for the luckiest throw of his carrer.

Today, the PATRIOTS WILL slow down the pass rush with the best tight end duo in the game.

Today, Wess Welker will draw the attention of at least two of those Giants DE's. He will aid in the demise of the G-men defense. He will add to the score board.

Today, Green-Ellis will run the ball and keep the Giants defense at bay. He will add to the score.

Today, Branch will go long and get open.

Today, the Patriots defense has turned the page on a season where they were not supposed to be able to win a game when the offense faulters. They WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE!!!! They WILL GET TO ELI MANNING.

The G-men are a formidable foe, as with every great game in history, a formidable opponent will lose.

Today, belongs to the Patriots.

Now, what was that you were saying? Lot of talk there....no results. Yes, the pats are a formidable foe, and yes, they LOST!

And you couldn't even win with 3 or 4 blown calls by the officials that went the pats way.

Losers.....again.

NY Giants....SuperBowl Champions

Any questions??

i dunno, i thought it was a well called game, though the one holding call was questionable , and i have seen pass interferance called for "turning the reciever" but ive seen it left alone quite a bit as well. i thought the pats letting the giants score late was a good call, and i felt bad for the giants back who tried in vain t stop at the goal line and couldnt. the safety call on the pats first play was correct, the manningham catch (which i thought live was incomplete out of bounds) was a correct call (and a hell of a catch once i saw it on replay). i thought the best coaching job on strategy was belichicks "slow play" on the last drive of the first half with the g-men in a soft base defense. the giants didnt do that at the end of the game so they learned from that.

all in all, was an entertaining game, not a "grip your seat" game like 07, but it was well played enough and the commercials were pretty good (might name my next dog "wego")

bring on baseball!!!!!

@imacman, Congratulations to the Giants. I thought the officiating was good. With slightly questionable holding call in there. Both teams played well, the Giants felt in control even though the Pats were up in the end of the first. After the next scoring drive I thought the tyde had turned toward New England. The Giants stayed cool and let the talented receivers do the work with the help of Eli's pin point passing. But overall, had Welker caught that Brady pass with about 4 minutes left in the fourth quarter I think we would be celebrating.
My predictions did not come true of course, but the game could have gone either way. It went the Giants way and for that it belonged to you, the Giants fans and players.

Well done NY Giants.

Decent game . . . I kindof thought it would be a close one and could go either way . . . like most games, the Giants missed a few chances and so did the Pats . . . in the end it came down to the fact that the game can be won by any given team on any given Sunday.

To tell the truth I'm still a bit shocked that the Packers weren't playing last night . . . I really thought they would make it all the way.

those pesky giants. my dad and niece are happy though..i really wanted this for Mr. Kraft
Now the big bad Boston Bruins will have to bring home another cup to help ease the pain .........

Interesting that the Pats fans seem to not have seen the 2 facemask grabbing incidents that weren't called. And the "mugging" that occurred by the Pats defensive back that didn't get called, PLUS the "holding" call that obviously wasn't.

But it's over, and the best team in football won.

j-takeman said:
I wanted to play hooky today and go watch the parade! Wifey said "NO". sniff~sniff!
you should have thats the last one they will win .

j-takeman said:
I wanted to play hooky today and go watch the parade! Wifey said "NO". sniff~sniff!
That would have been cool. The team had a wicked uphill climb to the end, they deserve it. I can appreciate how it feels for ypur team to win, everyone should be able to experience it. I uguess Giants amd Pats fans have been blessed to be able to see it multiple times in one decade!

j-takeman said:
smilejamaica said:
j-takeman said:
you should have thats the last one they will win .

Hah, You said that about this one! ;-)
what do you want ,im a boston sports fan. it''s my duty to dislike NY OR NEW JERSEY teams....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.