Going to be changing the glass soon.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hog did you get drunk one night and really use 80 grit on that glass???? It sure looks like it.

Confess now that you showed the picture of the old glass :gulp:

Sonny, all tolled, it took less than an hour to change the glass. Nearest delaer don.t install, only sells. So I am pretty sure he would be useless. Besides, I love learning to do this stuff at least once. Now if in a pinch I know what to do.
Struggle, I honesty used a rag I had forgot had furnace cement on it. It will clean up somewhat, but what you see is where minute ash & debri has settled back into the very fine scratches.
I was tempted to see if I could buff them out with a buffer. But it is really ceramic after all. I have a back up now.
;)

Hogwildz said:
Sonny, all tolled, it took less than an hour to change the glass. Nearest delaer don.t install, only sells. So I am pretty sure he would be useless. Besides, I love learning to do this stuff at least once. Now if in a pinch I know what to do.
Struggle, I honesty used a rag I had forgot had furnace cement on it. It will clean up somewhat, but what you see is where minute ash & debri has settled back into the very fine scratches.
I was tempted to see if I could buff them out with a buffer. But it is really ceramic after all. I have a back up now.
;)

Gotta love a guy who confesses his sins :)

Status
Not open for further replies.