Good morning, new member here...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VAfarmer38

Aug 31, 2015
Central VA
Good morning from Central VA. I've been lurking around this site for a while and figured I'd join up so I could post some things and ask some questions here and there. I live on a roughly 250 acre cattle farm just south of Lynchburg, VA. We've got a mixed herd, mostly black angus with some red hereford, charolais, baldy, etc mixed in. I've owned a Heatmaster MF5000 for a few years now and really enjoy the unit. I've picked up some do's and dont's just from trial and error of owning and operating the furnace. Some good, some bad. We live in a roughly 3,000 sq ft farmhouse that was built in the early 1900's. The total heating space of the home is about 2,200 sq ft excluding the 3rd floor attic space. I've gotten some really good tips from the site and hope to extract some more info from you all. Thanks again.

Reactions: Coal Reaper
Welcome to the forum VAfarmer ... like the avatar.:) Grew up seeing dairy cows ... where I live now is more beef like your herd. Enjoy the give and take of knowledge ... likely very few problems that haven't been discussed here already. "Two heads are better than one" ==c

Reactions: VAfarmer38
Our farm was a dairy operation before my time. We have two holsteins in our herd. One is pretty docile, the other is a little temperamental. I love the herefords.

Status
Not open for further replies.