Got a big thumbs up while coming home today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Actually, I can't agree that the emissions are what killed diesels though they hastened their demise. They have been a financial drag as long as they have been around. I just unloaded a non emissions 06 Dodge with 159k that ate 4 thousand dollar bills regularly. Between me and my brothers we've owned a bunch of them. Now the new ones eat ten thousand dollar bills so they are just worse than the old ones but they are all awful. Anybody who says otherwise is lucky or lying.

The guy I sold mine to has a 1500 chevy with a 5.3 that he's used to haul a 16' enclosed trailer for years. It has well over 500k hard miles on the clock and has never had the valve covers off. No way will the Dodge I sold him go that many miles but it's common to see 5.3 and 6.0 gm trucks in the 350k+ range.

You're right though, diesel trucks are for the birds.

Agree. We have always had GMC gas full size trucks that will not quit and require minimal maintenance. I am currently driving a 2017 GMC 2500HD gas and love it. I plan on putting over 400k miles on it, just like all our trucks before it.

Reactions: Firewood Bandit
Change the fluids and filters when required and they last just can't beat on them. Take care of your stuff and it takes care of you!

Reactions: CentralVAWoodHeat
I got my F250 earlier this year and it is amazing how it just doesn't care how much firewood I put in it. My previous Tacoma would flatten out with barely a bed full, let alone a couple rows piled up.

Reactions: Woody5506
I got my F250 earlier this year and it is amazing how it just doesn't care how much firewood I put in it. My previous Tacoma would flatten out with barely a bed full, let alone a couple rows piled up.

same with my 2500HD...I can't make it flinch with firewood.

Reactions: CentralVAWoodHeat