Got a reply from from my dealer on new convection blower fan and adjustible auger cover

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
My dealer contacted Enviro and confirmed that with my serial number, I do not have the new blower. The dealer did say ( what some other people have stated) that unless my current blower fails, they won't replace the fan under warranty, which I guess I understand. My dealer did say that if they did install the new fan there would be no labor charges.....BUT!!! With my serial number, I am supposed to have the adjustable augur cover. Supposedly, the cover plate comes from the factory in the middle setting. My dealer says that Enviro is basically saying: less pellets per each feed setting means slightly less heat held in the stove that the existing fan can handle. Is this the correct assumption. My dealer wants to come out and set the auger cover to the lowest setting. If the auger cover is in the middle position by default, if I can, I would want to try something besides the lowest setting. Appreciate some feed back! With the cold snap of the last 2 days I switched back to the Vermont SW pellets ( 8500-900 BTU) and again my hi temp circuit tripped. I was on feed 3, fan 3 and air 3. Have not had a problem with other Pellets. On a side note, despite my glass getting dirtier 70% quicker, the VT pellets are producing a tiny fraction of ash compared to my other listed pellets......Thanks, Bill

it is easy to adjust you just need to lossen the screws(t-20) and slide the plate up and down i have set them all at half way and had no problems so far

stoveguy13, thanks....but I have an insert. My stove is going to have to be pulled out. Bill

i can reach down in from the hopper lid and get to the top two they will put 4 bolts in inplace of the t-20s if you leave the bottom two loose you should be able to adjust as you need and once you find where you want you can pull it out and tighten the bottom two down hope this helps

i can reach down in from the hopper lid and get to the top two they will put 4 bolts in inplace of the t-20s if you leave the bottom two loose you should be able to adjust as you need and once you find where you want you can pull it out and tighten the bottom two down hope this helps

Thanks Eatonpcat! It's on rails! I agree it's probably very easy, just never pulled it out myself.My "plan" is to have the stove tech guy come out early in the morning, pull the stove out (I learn) then the auger cover gets closed one setting or more. (I learn some more) Then I'll have him show me how to clean everything on the backside (I learn even more) then he leaves!!! Then the chimney guy shows up, drills my hole in the back of the chimney and we hook up my OAK, because he is familiar with the installation.......as my dealer still thinks it's not needed. Finally the stove guy comes back to get the stove pushed back in! I'm just scared to do some of this myself, until I can watch it being done at least once! Bill

bostonfan49 said:
My dealer contacted Enviro and confirmed that with my serial number, I do not have the new blower. The dealer did say ( what some other people have stated) that unless my current blower fails, they won't replace the fan under warranty, which I guess I understand. My dealer did say that if they did install the new fan there would be no labor charges.....BUT!!! With my serial number, I am supposed to have the adjustable augur cover. Supposedly, the cover plate comes from the factory in the middle setting. My dealer says that Enviro is basically saying: less pellets per each feed setting means slightly less heat held in the stove that the existing fan can handle. Is this the correct assumption. My dealer wants to come out and set the auger cover to the lowest setting. If the auger cover is in the middle position by default, if I can, I would want to try something besides the lowest setting. Appreciate some feed back! With the cold snap of the last 2 days I switched back to the Vermont SW pellets ( 8500-900 BTU) and again my hi temp circuit tripped. I was on feed 3, fan 3 and air 3. Have not had a problem with other Pellets. On a side note, despite my glass getting dirtier 70% quicker, the VT pellets are producing a tiny fraction of ash compared to my other listed pellets......Thanks, Bill

I've had the same issue...in fact I think we both posted on this issue at the same time over the holiday. With my Hardwood Heats I've been OK on heat level 3 by lowering my feed trim to 1 and raising my combustion air to 4. I haven't dared raise my heat level to 4 for more than a few minutes, though. Good luck with the adjustable auger plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.