Got the Vaccine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said they did????

Masks have been proven over and over to reduce the risk of spreading the virus to others. They only protect the wearer slightly. Again try looking at actual scientific studies.
That is not true...
There are ZER0, peer reviewed studies that show that.
True, there are some people that claim that.
Does that make it true, because they said it?

Remember recently when someone said "give 100 days, and i will get rid of Covid"
Was that true or false?

That is not true...

Remember recently when someone said "give 100 days, and i will get rid of Covid"
Was that true or false?
I have shown you over a dozen studies in the past which you refused to look at. Just because you ignore the evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Reactions: fire_man
That is not true...

Was that true or false?

See the table which includes peer reviewed studies. Your statement is incorrect, in normal parlance that is called a lie.

I have shown you over a dozen studies in the past which you refused to look at. Just because you ignore the evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist
I said PEER REVIEWED.
Just because some doctor/scientist says something, does not make it true.
And you did not answer my other question about the 100 days.

That is his choice... He will have to live with the consequences.
Same as someone who smokes....
Or someone that eats junk food...
Should we force them to do what WE think is best for them?
I showed your post to my wife FF. Her response I cannot post on here . She’s been a RN and now a DON for over 30 years . She sees first hand the death and sickness that she has never seen in her career . Heath care workers are exhausted and extremely short staffed . This IS first hand knowledge !

To know that a vast majority ( 90 plus percent ) of these hospitalizations could have been avoided is just plain ridiculous.

You say examples of people who smoke , or eats junk food . Good examples of people having free choices to do what they want . Could you please give us a history lesson when your examples caused so much death in such a short time or better yet when we HAD to refuse treatment in our hospitals for certain healthcare because the “ hospital was full of people who smoked” ! Bet you can’t .

I said PEER REVIEWED.
Just because some doctor/scientist says something, does not make it true.
And you did not answer my other question about the 100 days.
I didn't answer that question because that wasn't said. Just more misinformation.

And again I provided you with multiple peer reviewed studies

I didn't answer that question because that wasn't said. Just more misinformation.

And again I provided you with multiple peer reviewed studies
Biden said that... maybe not in those exact words, but something to that effect. Was he lying? Or was he wrong? Take your pick. It is one or the other...
So let's give him the benefit of the doubt, and say that he was wrong. Here, the president of the United States, with access to so much information, is still wrong. My point is, just because the president of the United States says so, does not make it true. The same goes for every person that you rely on for facts.

I showed your post to my wife FF. Her response I cannot post on here . She’s been a RN and now a DON for over 30 years . She sees first hand the death and sickness that she has never seen in her career . Heath care workers are exhausted and extremely short staffed . This IS first hand knowledge !

To know that a vast majority ( 90 plus percent ) of these hospitalizations could have been avoided is just plain ridiculous.

You say examples of people who smoke , or eats junk food . Good examples of people having free choices to do what they want . Could you please give us a history lesson when your examples caused so much death in such a short time or better yet when we HAD to refuse treatment in our hospitals for certain healthcare because the “ hospital was full of people who smoked” ! Bet you can’t .
You say that 90% all these hospitalizations could have been avoided. How could that have been done?

Biden said that... maybe not in those exact words, but something to that effect. Was he lying? Or was he wrong? Take your pick. It is one or the other...
So let's give him the benefit of the doubt, and say that he was wrong. Here, the president of the United States, with access to so much information, is still wrong. My point is, just because the president of the United States says so, does not make it true. The same goes for every person that you rely on for facts.
He said he would have a plan to combat covid and a system in place to distribute the vaccine within the first 100 days. He did that. Did it get rid of covid? No clearly not. But it wasn't a lie.

I don't rely on a person for facts. I rely on the entire world scientific community.

Reactions: wishlist
Sad to say, you cant fix ignorance but I can click ignore.

You say that 90% all these hospitalizations could have been avoided. How could that have been done?
Facts…… over 90% of patients in the hospital with covid are unvaccinated. What does that tell you FF ?
I just recently attended my uncles funeral , no not from covid . Many in my immediate family became sick and tested positive for covid . Not a single 1 of them even had to go to the Dr or hospital . Yes they had mild symptoms, headache , loss of taste / smell . But guess what , every last one of them including my BIL with some severe past health issues was fully vaccinated. Sure that’s a small sample but it is what it is . You can twist and turn any way you would like but it’s a fact .

We have just over 61% of people in the US fully vaccinated . Israel has over 91% fully vaccinated and they average 1 death per day in the whole dang country ! Population wise that’s the equivalent of us having 35 deaths per day .

I’m not gonna get into your political post FF .
That’s just asking for the thread to be shutdown and that’s sad .
The thread is “ Got my Vaccine “ so maybe we can keep it on track and stay out of the political crap .

Reactions: stoveliker
Prevent? No. Reduce the risk of contracting it? Absolutely. Reduce the severity of symptoms in those who get it? Dramatically yes.
So let's sum it up here.
Getting vaccinated does not prevent you from getting covid. Getting vaccinated does not prevent you from spreading covid. As per the people on the ship. They had testing protocols, and mask protocols in place. They obviously did not work, as they had a covid outbreak. Did the vaccines help prevent hospitalization? I don't know. Do you know? Some people claim they do... Are they speaking the truth? What is wrong with me taking the chance that it does not reduce hospitalization??? You being vaccinated, spread covid as much me.

So let's sum it up here.
Getting vaccinated does not prevent you from getting covid. Getting vaccinated does not prevent you from spreading covid. As per the people on the ship. They had testing protocols, and mask protocols in place. They obviously did not work, as they had a covid outbreak. Did the vaccines help prevent hospitalization? I don't know. Do you know? Some people claim they do... Are they speaking the truth? What is wrong with me taking the chance that it does not reduce hospitalization??? You being vaccinated, spread covid as much me.
Again simply denying that evidence exists doesn't make that evidence go away. Just makes it clear you dont actually care to educate yourself.

Again simply denying that evidence exists doesn't make that evidence go away. Just makes it clear you dont actually care to educate yourself.
I want to educate myself, but not with propaganda. Why can't you answer the questions that I ask, instead of attacking me?

I want to educate myself, but not with propaganda. Why can't you answer the questions that I ask, instead of attacking me?
Your questions have been answered many times here. They have been answered by the world scientific community over and over. You just choose to ignore that.

So let's sum it up here.
You do whatever you want FF . Wonder if you were this adamant when you refused your other vaccines ? You know , the ones to go to school or the one you need to go to college ?

Sure wish you could spend a day with my wife on the ICU ward taking care of unvaccinated people unable to breath for weeks on end and on a ventilator or worse .

Reactions: bholler
You do whatever you want FF . Wonder if you were this adamant when you refused your other vaccines ? You know , the ones to go to school or the one you need to go to college ?

Sure wish you could spend a day with my wife on the ICU ward taking care of unvaccinated people unable to breath for weeks on end and on a ventilator or worse .
One of my best friends works in a very similar situation.

Look, we won't agree. But I'd like to keep this thread open. So let's please enjoy Christmas eve and stop here.

Look, we won't agree. But I'd like to keep this thread open. So let's please enjoy Christmas eve and stop here.
I do not ask you to agree with me. Non of us have been here before, and know the truth. But please dont silence other people because they believe in "misinformation " according to the "professionals"
of the day. Merry Christmas to You and your family.

Merry Christmas to all.

Reactions: begreen
Wrapping this one up for the holidays. It's running off the rails again. Hopefully most are now vaccinated and have gotten a booster shot. This virus is not done with us. It's still teaching and we are still learning. I will leave off with an analogy using winter tires sent to me by a friend:

I refuse to put on winter tires because:
• It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.
• The effectiveness of winter tires is not proven, except by studies carried out by the manufacturers (like I’m supposed to trust them).
• My neighbor Bob had an accident even after putting on winter tires.
• Some drivers are already on their 3rd set of tires, which proves their ineffectiveness.
• We do not know what the tires are made of.
• The tire manufacturers scare us with winter just to enrich themselves.
• In fact, I read on the internet that the tire giants invented snow and spread it at night when you sleep.
• If I have winter tires, the government can track me in the snow.

Educate yourself, open your eyes, stop being sheep!

This year, I say no to winter tires! 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.