Got the Vaccine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m eligible for the booster anytime since I got the JJ. Hopefully can get it next week when I’m off work since the first shot knocked me down for awhile. But I’ve also got a dentist appointment and need to replace the muffler and radiator on the Jeep. And floors if I get a chance.

need to replace the muffler and radiator on the Jeep. And floors if I get a chance.
I did the radiator on my 1996 Cherokee this year (again). The muffler and cat are barely hanging on so they need to get done too (replaced them 8 years ago, but now the price of a cat is through the roof so I will wait). And the floors need patching too. Good luck on doing all that.

I still need to get the flu shot, but have been avoiding it because it usually makes me tired for a few days. And I don't qualify for the Covid booster, unless maybe if I say I am overweight and have mild asthma attacks sometimes. But again, I am not looking forward to feeling like crap for a day or 2. The second shot of the pfizer vaccine really messed with me for 5 days. I felt weird and achy, like I couldn't get comfortable.

I did the radiator on my 1996 Cherokee this year (again). The muffler and cat are barely hanging on so they need to get done too (replaced them 8 years ago, but now the price of a cat is through the roof so I will wait). And the floors need patching too. Good luck on doing all that.

I still need to get the flu shot, but have been avoiding it because it usually makes me tired for a few days. And I don't qualify for the Covid booster, unless maybe if I say I am overweight and have mild asthma attacks sometimes. But again, I am not looking forward to feeling like crap for a day or 2. The second shot of the pfizer vaccine really messed with me for 5 days. I felt weird and achy, like I couldn't get comfortable.
Mine’s also a 96 Cherokee. Already did brakes, ignition cylinder, battery, water pump this year. Easy to work on and one of the easiest vehicles to get parts for. I’ve always just put on universal cats from eBay. Done floors out of appliance skins in other vehicles.

Flu shot never affected me, they might as well have given me water, but I still get the shot. Got it a couple weeks ago. I got in line the first time around for the Covid shot because Covid causes blood clots and I’d already had 3 DVTs. Definitely wanna keep my protection up. I got asthma too but as long as I stay away from animals I’m fine. My lungs are already compromised from years of acid reflux damage in the past.

Reactions: vinny11950
Mine’s also a 96 Cherokee. Already did brakes, ignition cylinder, battery, water pump this year. Easy to work on and one of the easiest vehicles to get parts for. I’ve always just put on universal cats from eBay. Done floors out of appliance skins in other vehicles.

Flu shot never affected me, they might as well have given me water, but I still get the shot. Got it a couple weeks ago. I got in line the first time around for the Covid shot because Covid causes blood clots and I’d already had 3 DVTs. Definitely wanna keep my protection up. I got asthma too but as long as I stay away from animals I’m fine. My lungs are already compromised from years of acid reflux damage in the past.

I used these guys when I did the floor in my 98. Fit was excellent but it was still a pain in the butt job, mostly because the front mount for the seat was also rotted out.

Got my booster last week. Decided to mix and match Pfizer first round Moderna booster. I was a bit slow the day after. I went to work but couldn’t get my self to cook dinner the next day. Ordered takeout.

Kids got theirs on Tuesday. 2/3 complained of sore arms. Other than that no side effects. Will see in a couple weeks if the second shot has any different effects. They are all pretty tough. Army National guard was mobilized to staff the intake while supervised nursing students were administering the injections at the mall. All in all our county and Hospital have done a great job organizing everything. Stickers helped but a cookie the size of their face was better. First time in a mall in almost 2 years.

Still, after 14 weeks, people were lining up for their weekly test rather than their shot.

Reactions: vinny11950
All these Cherokee guys here! I had a 98 that was pretty rust free for a Jeep, floors, rockers were good. A few months after I did front wheel hubs, ball joints, rotors etc I got spun out and wrecked. Had a love/hate relationship w/ it but I'd rather still have it.

Got the Moderna booster and had almost no reaction. Got the flu shot a couple days after, maybe a little tired, or was that the martini w/ the blue cheese olives? Hard to say.

All these Cherokee guys here! I had a 98 that was pretty rust free for a Jeep, floors, rockers were good. A few months after I did front wheel hubs, ball joints, rotors etc I got spun out and wrecked. Had a love/hate relationship w/ it but I'd rather still have it.

Got the Moderna booster and had almost no reaction. Got the flu shot a couple days after, maybe a little tired, or was that the martini w/ the blue cheese olives? Hard to say.

I got smart and traded my Jeeps for a Toyota 🤣

I understand that! The Jeep did a lot well esp in the snow but it just didn't want to stay fixed, always something. Right now I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy as my 3rd car winter beater but on the look out for a 4 Runner.

First moderna shot for me was a breeze.second shot I never felt right for 3 weeks.very tired.booster in February but maybe earlier as I'm diabetic

Reactions: EbS-P
One thing I value with my old Cherokee is there is pretty much an endless supply of parts. I want a stock or improved version of anything, somebody probably makes it. As long as I can keep it in one piece I’ll keep driving it.

I got my booster about 90 minutes ago. I thought about which one to get for days. I couldn’t decide so I just answered with my gut without thinking, I stayed with JJ. Seemed to have worked so far. My boss had Covid like a month ago and I worked directly with him in his office immediately before his fever started and I didn’t catch it. Or if I did I didn’t know it. Luck or science I’ll never know. Also at least the side effects are predictable for me. Shot 1 behaved exactly like the clinic said it would, to the hour. I read that moderna seems to be more effective against delta but the side effects can be pretty severe and sometimes long delayed for those who have them. At least any booster is better than none.

Should be getting fever and shivers about 2am. I hauled in several days of pellets like I do anyway. And it’s nice and warm in here because I’m gonna need it tonight. Got tomorrow off work.

Got.my booster (waiting to be released now). Had Pfizer for the first two. Given the seemingly better duration of the immune response, I went with Moderna for my booster.

I wonder if that's because Pfizer had two 30 microgram doses and Moderna two 100 microgram doses. The booster for Pfizer is again 30 microgram, whereas the Moderna booster is half the original dose, i.e. 50 microgram.

Kids got their first Pfizer shot a week ago. Second early December.

Now it's hoping the omicron variant is not worse than the Delta, and that our current shots work as well for this new variant.

I was hoping to travel so e (for work, and to family, none of which I've seen since summer 2019). But I am afraid this is not going to be the case in the first half of this year.

Be well all.

Kids got their second (kiddie) shot today.
And are now playing some made-up-ruled football game outside. Move those arms!

Kids got their second (kiddie) shot today.
And are now playing some made-up-ruled football game outside. Move those arms!
Two of three needed a dose of Tylenol 20 hours later. Amazing it doesn’t slow them down One bit

Yes, we'll see. On the way back I joked with my wife that evidently they did not get an anti COVID shot but an energy shot....

I went for my booster today, NH is sadly the #1 for new cases and the hospitals are full. The numbers are pretty clear 80% of the folks in the hospitals are unvaccinated. Sure some folks who had shots are getting cases but they rarely are ending up in hospitals. The net result is the state and the press are really pushing first time vaccines and boosters to knock down the numbers. Lots of stories about folks unable to get shots or they are booked way out. Our area has a fixed location for walk in shots so I got a ride over there expecting a crowd. We get there and except for a few signs the place looks empty. I go in with my crutches and the place is empty except for a few staff folks way at the end of the hall. I get my exercise and sit down. They ask me which "flavor" I want and they have me fill out a form and the give me a shot. I then have to hang around for 15 minutes and just as I am leaving a fine lookng blonde (far too young for me), comes in. So no doubt I will get a headache and feel like crap on Sunday and I will be covered for another 6 months.

The new norm.............

46BB2E7B-1E94-4C68-A597-FCC0DFAF986C.png

Sad to say,, with the high percentage of folks unvaccinated Covid is going to be around a long time mutating into new varieties and we will be getting annual shots for it.

if that will be the norm, then I am owed a few pizza's for my yearly flu shot already...

Good joke. But it's not non-normal...

This recent update from the CDC on the efficacy of the booster shot among nursing home, our most vulnerable, is encouraging. It works. The red line is unvaccinated. The blue line is at least one shot. The green line is fully vaccinated and with the booster.

ltc-res-vacc-rates.jpg

There is now a wait to get the booster shot in NYC and Long Island. All the pharmacies around me are well into January appointments now. I got lucky and managed to find an appointment on Tuesday through my employer. But if you want the booster anytime soon, book your appointment as soon as possible.

I'm happy to have gotten my booster on Nov. 28. Hope this gives.me the height of the protection right when the omicron wave is at full intensity. Kids getting their second shot Dec. 5 as well.

They are nervous in the hospital my wife works... Already speaking about cancelling elective surgeries - probably because the increase is going so fast due to the ease of spreading it.

Have to wait 168 days here from the last shot, to get boosted. What's the time in between, in other places?
Was 168 here as well and they just dropped it to 90 last thursday. We were shy by one week before they dropped it. We were able to schedule for January 6th after the reset.

Have to wait 168 days here from the last shot, to get boosted. What's the time in between, in other places?
6 months was the recommendation in NH but I am unsure how closely they were looking at the mass clinics.. Most of the pharmacies were not checking as there were exceptions to the timing which did not require proof. The state is really pushign booster shots before the holidays (first it was Thanksgiving and now Christmas). With the booster taking 2 weeks to fully kick in its already too late for Christmas for many.

Glad I got my booster a few weeks ago , unfortunately here in Michigan things aren’t trending in the right direction.

Week 6 now of a friend who’s been in the hospital with covid . Very outspoken about vaccine. So sad for him and his 2 teenage daughters and wife .

Status
Not open for further replies.