Got the Vaccine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I got my booster a few weeks ago , unfortunately here in Michigan things aren’t trending in the right direction.

Week 6 now of a friend who’s been in the hospital with covid . Very outspoken about vaccine. So sad for him and his 2 teenage daughters and wife .
That is the sad part, I am seeing lots of obits in the papers and its not just the elderly.

Hopefully that Pfizer treatment drug will be approved soon and save a lot of lives. I have seen some models that show the middle to end of January the infection rate will take off. I believe it. With all the Holiday travel, without mitigation efforts, this thing is going to take off.

We are skeptical that in my very small home town cause of death was being accurately reported. It appeared that Pneumonia was overly prevalent.

I am reading that 25-50% Covid patients can experience systems 6 months and beyond. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/ja...ferral&utm_campaign=ftm_links&utm_term=101321

We volunteered at our children’s elementary school on Friday. Mask became option two weeks before by vote of the school board. 3/4 of the kids were still wearing them. It gave me some hope. We are guessing from the way the kids are talking about 2/3-maybe as high as 3/4 of their class is vaccinated. Friday marked two weeks since their second shot. I think this is very atypical for a public school and feel very fortunate to have a school like this for our kids to attend.

Got my booster on Monday. Tried several pharmacies last week, but all were booked out pretty far. My sister found out about an urgent care place about 1/2 hour from my house that takes walk ins, so I went there.

Got my booster on Monday, chose Moderna. And boy, it knocked me out. Fever and chills Monday night, all of Tuesday, could barely work. Fever went away last night and now I just feel tired.

Well, I just want to point out that there have been more VAERS for the SARS-2 vaxs in the last 11mos than all others combined since 91’.

Had it in Jan of 20 & again in September of 21. Second time not too bad. First time was you know where…

Had a fellow who got the jab here at the shop & I was working with him for 2 days straight… close contact. Was sick by the weekend. Didn’t go around anyone else and I was the only who came down with it whilst no one else on staff is vax’d.

Unfortunately he is now out with heart issues post his second dose… his daughter encouraged him to take it or he couldn’t see his grandkids.

This sucks because he is the man! We need him back on staff yesterday. I really shook up about all of it - sucks.

3rd post on the forum. Will I make to 4?

I feel like this place is highly biased, change my mind. Are we free to speak freely here?
I am a bit confused. Are you claiming you got covid from him due him having the vaccine?

Yes a very small percentage of people do have an adverse reaction to the vaccine. But the numbers are extremely low. Actual science has proven it helps far more people than it hurts

Got moderna booster about 3 -4 weeks ago. No big reactions to any of the shots other than being tired for the rest of the day.
Now I just Tested Positive with rapid pcr test at Doctor office.
No symptoms only got tested because we were supposed to go to Christmas with elderly family. Wife tested negative yesterday and confirmed with negative 2nd test at doctor office this morning.

I don't come in contact with many people, am super careful, and wear mask everywhere inside. Have no idea how i got it.

I feel like this place is highly biased, change my mind. Are we free to speak freely here?

There is open discussion here. Joining with a first post that "this site is highly biased" gives the impression you have an agenda to promote.

Fact-based, science discussions are always welcome.

Last edited:
Well, I just want to point out that there have been more VAERS for the SARS-2 vaxs in the last 11mos than all others combined since 91’.

Had it in Jan of 20 & again in September of 21. Second time not too bad. First time was you know where…

Had a fellow who got the jab here at the shop & I was working with him for 2 days straight… close contact. Was sick by the weekend. Didn’t go around anyone else and I was the only who came down with it whilst no one else on staff is vax’d.

Unfortunately he is now out with heart issues post his second dose… his daughter encouraged him to take it or he couldn’t see his grandkids.

This sucks because he is the man! We need him back on staff yesterday. I really shook up about all of it - sucks.

3rd post on the forum. Will I make to 4?

I think you should be fine. You don't claim (incorrect) facts. You do imply a correlation where there most likely is only coincidence. The rest is opinion not disguised as fact.

Got moderna booster about 3 -4 weeks ago. No big reactions to any of the shots other than being tired for the rest of the day.
No symptoms only got tested because we were supposed to go to Christmas with elderly family. Wife tested negative yesterday and confirmed with negative 2nd test at doctor office this morning.

I don't come in contact with many people, am super careful, and wear mask everywhere inside. Have no idea how i got it.

The new variant may be such that you need to inhale less particles to get infected. And surgical masks greatly decrease the amount inhaled, but don't make it zero. Hence the probability of getting it when wearing a mask was nice and low. With the new variant it may not be low enough anymore.

I've seen advice that it might be good to wear a (K)N95 with this new variant as it cuts down more on the inhaled particle load.

Reactions: vinny11950
The new variant may be such that you need to inhale less particles to get infected. And surgical masks greatly decrease the amount inhaled, but don't make it zero. Hence the probability of getting it when wearing a mask was nice and low. With the new variant it may not be low enough anymore.

I've seen advice that it might be good to wear a (K)N95 with this new variant as it cuts down more on the inhaled particle load.
Yeah i used to wear a p100 respirator at the grocery store before we got vac. These surgical masks clearly only "help" where a real respirator should actually protect you for real. Hopefully the vac. will do it's job and protect from bad symptoms and that this omicrom will spike and collapse quickly.

2106D64E-1A7E-416D-8253-B2C4B7E7AB44.jpg

Reactions: stoveliker
Yeah i used to wear a p100 respirator at the grocery store before we got vac. These surgical masks clearly only "help" where a real respirator should actually protect you for real. Hopefully the vac. will do it's job and protect from bad symptoms and that this omicrom will spike and collapse quickly.

View attachment 288339
Respirators like that certainly protect you better. But do very little to protect others from you because of the exhale valve.

Got nailed with the bug Feb. of 2020- at the time the "practitioners of the black arts" had no idea what was going on. My internals for what ever reason seldom take kindly to the various shots/pills. There for I have not taken any jabs to date. Back in the mid 70's my wife, at the time, nagged the xxxx out of me to get the influenza shot- put me in the hospital for week - she got sick at the same time within a day of the jab. Been a couple other items with same effect over the years.

Got nailed with the bug Feb. of 2020- at the time the "practitioners of the black arts" had no idea what was going on. My internals for what ever reason seldom take kindly to the various shots/pills. There for I have not taken any jabs to date. Back in the mid 70's my wife, at the time, nagged the xxxx out of me to get the influenza shot- put me in the hospital for week - she got sick at the same time within a day of the jab. Been a couple other items with same effect over the years.
Yes some people absolutely have severe reactions to vaccines. Which is why it's important everyone who can get them does so we can protect those who can't

Respirators like that certainly protect you better. But do very little to protect others from you because of the exhale valve.
Yeah on the plane i would put surgical mask over the respirator to filter the outlet.

Reactions: bholler
There is open discussion here. Joining with a first post that "this site is highly biased" gives the impression you have an agenda to promote.

Fact-based, science discussions are always welcome.
This is not an "open" discussion forum. If you disagree with any of the moderators, your posts are removed. What is a fact? Something you believe to be true? Something I believe to be true? Something a politician tells you is truth? Something a "factchecker" says is true?
Same with science. Truth and science is that you are born either male or female. But wait! "Science" now says that saying there are only 2 genders is discriminatory.

Ummm.... Did you ever consider that maybe masks do not keep you from getting a virus?

Glad I got my booster a few weeks ago , unfortunately here in Michigan things aren’t trending in the right direction.

Week 6 now of a friend who’s been in the hospital with covid . Very outspoken about vaccine. So sad for him and his 2 teenage daughters and wife .
That is his choice... He will have to live with the consequences.
Same as someone who smokes....
Or someone that eats junk food...
Should we force them to do what WE think is best for them?

This is not an "open" discussion forum. If you disagree with any of the moderators, your posts are removed. What is a fact? Something you believe to be true? Something I believe to be true? Something a politician tells you is truth? Something a "factchecker" says is true?
Same with science. Truth and science is that you are born either male or female. But wait! "Science" now says that saying there are only 2 genders is discriminatory.

Facts have numbers to back them up. Not anecdotes.

Ummm.... Did you ever consider that maybe masks do not keep you from getting a virus?
Who said they did????

Masks have been proven over and over to reduce the risk of spreading the virus to others. They only protect the wearer slightly. Again try looking at actual scientific studies.

This is not an "open" discussion forum. If you disagree with any of the moderators, your posts are removed.
It is an open discussion forum. It is just one with rules if you can't follow them the posts are removed. Eventually the poster will be if they continue to ignore the rules

Because a doctor or scientist says it, does that make it truth?
Are they ever mistaken?
Are they ever swayed by politics?
Not because a doctor or scientist says so. Because the vast majority say so and have actual studies and data to back up what they are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.