Ha,Ha CL add , Lopi Wood Stove with blower used very little - $850

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
Very nice Just removed from house have loader to lift it will clean up as new 6 inch - 1/3 of the cost to replace this stove with new.
http://flint.craigslist.org/for/4031173548.html

00G0G_2Pn4QA0ro7w_600x450.jpg

Reactions: Johnpolk
Well, it's not terrible. Probably the worst thing is the damage that could have been caused by the sling. The rusty area is only on one side and not typical of an overfire burn. The top and even the flue look decent. It probably was stored in a nasty environment.

It is a certified stove and Lopis are not cheap.

Reactions: PapaDave
It probably was stored in a nasty environment.
What I was thinking is, how did it get that rusty if it was ,Just removed from house ?

It was removed after the fire department finally got the fire put out.

Hello

It could have been used very little, then stored for a long time in a very damp must place. Dampness is a stove's worst enemy!
If it was used more, it may have looked better! :)

HDRock, the rust looks deeply embedded as if it had been there for quite some time. It is not the kind of rust you may accumulate over one burning season from a little boiling water. That stove has been stored like that for a while; at least I think so.

When one sees something that plainly shows it was not taken care of very well, it is normal to question the whole thing. Perhaps it is not bad inside but I'd bet they won't get what they are asking for the stove.

Reactions: HDRock
Hello

It could have been used very little, then stored for a long time in a very damp must place. Dampness is a stove's worst enemy!

But when they stated this? "Very nice Just removed from house." Of course they may have stored it on a porch or something but that is not being "just removed from the house."

Hello

HDRock, the rust looks deeply embedded as if it had been there for quite some time. It is not the kind of rust you may accumulate over one burning season from a little boiling water. That stove has been stored like that for a while; at least I think so.
The add clearly says , Just removed from house, I don't buy that , and I would not give $850 for it

Take a look, make you own evaluation and base your offer on that. There are 100 opinions here, not that they are bad, but you are the one who is paying. Do your homework.

Take a look, make you own evaluation and base your offer on that. There are 100 opinions here, not that they are bad, but you are the one who is paying. Do your homework.
I have done my homework ,and got a nice used Lopi Republic.
I posted this because I thought it was LAME,

You made it sound as if you were interested. I meant nothing by my comments except that this is supposed to be a somewhat of a fun forum to exchange ideas and conversation. I've taken some hits over here also. Lighten up!

I thought it was a pretty funny post. How can people hope to sell something with an ad like that? At least they could take the chains off and chisel off the deeper rust and window crap.:rolleyes:

You made it sound as if you were interested. I meant nothing by my comments except that this is supposed to be a somewhat of a fun forum to exchange ideas and conversation. I've taken some hits over here also. Lighten up!
I apologize for that ,to many beers ;em

I thought it was a pretty funny post. How can people hope to sell something with an ad like that? At least they could take the chains off and chisel off the deeper rust and window crap.:rolleyes:

Some people actually live that way and are not concerned what others may think about it.

I think a picture is what gets the item sold. I would rather cheat and make a nice picture than have to explain that it really does look better. Selling plastic things, a little wipe down with wd-40 sure makes them shine for the photo, would have made that stove look freshly black.

Good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.