Hacking your pellet stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sorry that i "reanimate" this old subject, but i am also in need of an 25 pdvc controller board replacement...
I have the programming knowledge , but cant find a board that i could control with the code...
So the board on top of this subject...
What exactly are you controlling with it?
Cause the lower auger and the upper auger need to be controlled differently.
Or do you let the bottom one and top one run at same time?

Cyclic timers, canakit cyclic. Raspberry pi, arduino

oh lord...when i start buying all that fresh/new, i almost get to the spot where the original board with 299 per pop is almost same price...
grmpf...just bad that this small little black chip is not a replace part...

You only need one of the items i listed, just to run the auger. The convection and combustion blowers can plug into the wall socket directly

Oh...ok...i thought at least the combustion blower need some kind of wave form blow pattern...at least my second one does that...
Have the room blower already on a temp reactive magnetic disc switch...so on and off of that is covered...
Disc switch 120 F
May add a dimmer so that i can regulate the flow, but lets see...
But when you say that exhaust fan can be on full/dimmer as well without wave form, then i will be golden...

You will need to wire the auger in to the safety devices so over temp and proof of fire shut stove down.

Yup, thats on the list...still looking for a temp related fan controller...not so easy to find one when english is not the first language :)
Especially when you try to keep it small and cheap, like self solder kit or such...

Quick question to the ones having such a stove...
Does the exhaust fan have a "sinus wave" blow pattern or is it static blowing?
Trying to determine if i need to have a variable exhaust fan or no...
Would love if it is just a straight full throttle setting by default on a working stove
And does anyone have the auger patterns?
Since i cannot check anymore, does the lower auger spin always and only the uppr "delivers" once in while or how does the controller do the augers?

THX!!!

Most stoves have 120vac 60cycle motors so they will be on or off. Some are slowed for heat settings. But they can’t go below 85vac 50cycles or they will burn up windings. Those that go below that are more than likely OEM. Yes englanders are full throttle. Top auger timings are based on 16 second cycle, on 4s off 12 and so on. Bottom is continuously running.

Great and thx for the response...one thing less to worry...
So i have the room fan on temp disc switch, blower fan on full, autostart on timed switch, hole device on an on off switch...
Now i can take a look at the auger control...which should be easy since lower one is constant as well

So quick response...stove is working like a charm, feeding rate and exhaust fan are controlled by the chineasean board from my link and works perfect...and wave form exhaust works better than straight full throttle, only my temperature controlled room fan needs a new spot, comes on to late