hampton hi300 smokes inside after cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So who wants hugs ? Lol . I guess I went into panic mode . Looks like small starter log and stack on top after few min. No smoke all as it should work . Here I thought fat ass raccoon crawled up in there lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Thank you for pitching in. And setting my retarded ass straight he he

Thank you for pitching in. And setting my retarded ass straight he he
Did you clean off the top of the stove and find out where all that crap came from? Did you get rid of the fireplace grate?

Grate is long story . If I tell it I'll get eaten alive lol.

Go ahead yell at me. Last year I ran out out of wood so I got grate for pallets. :-/

Go ahead yell at me. Last year I ran out out of wood so I got grate for pallets. :-/
Why I have burnt lots of pallet wood in my stove with no grate. It works just fine.

And Iam really serious about the stuff ontop of the stove what is it? Where did it come from?

Vacuumed it off. It was curled up paint . Or whatever coating was on it. Well and stink bugs lol

Curled up paint?
Don't run too hot. You do use that fan, don't you?
The manual gives an example of too hot: when you look into the air outlet, you shouldn't be seeing glowing metal.

And get rid of that grate. I'm sure that doesn't help with keeping fire from getting too hot with those thin dry pallet pieces.

That a sweet insert, don't mistreat her.
(Now I sound like Jerry's mechanic on Seinfeld.)

Looks like moisture is rusting out the top of it. Install a block off plate and seal that think better up top.

So who wants hugs ? Lol . I guess I went into panic mode . Looks like small starter log and stack on top after few min. No smoke all as it should work . Here I thought fat ass raccoon crawled up in there lol

I don't know much about this guy . . . but I'm liking him a lot already. Always nice to find someone who will listen, take advice and then report back when the solution is at hand. Stick around AP742, I think you'll fit in well here with the rest of the wood whackos here.

Reactions: Fod01 and Ap742
Status
Not open for further replies.