Harman 52i Auger Locked

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hello,

I've got a Harman Accentra 52i Insert. I'm hearing a grinding sound when the auger turns. I've done enough research to believe that it may be the feeder chamber that is full with fines. I've read a couple posts where it shows how to access this chamber but I'm unable to successfully remove the fan to get to the chamber. I'm working on getting someone with a small enough wrist that I may be able to bypass removing the fan but I'd like to have a backup plan if I need it. I've got the stove out as far as I can (my hearth sits approx 2' off the ground and I've got the stove out as I can without supplemental support).

One of the other threads I've see mention some sheet metal screws around the fan but I'm unable to locate these screws. All I see are 3 hex nuts holding in the fan. I tried loosening one of these screws and it appears the fan on the inside is also attached to this assembly so I'd rather not pull this out if I don't have too.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!