Harman Advance not feeding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Yendor1967

Feb 14, 2018
NE Wisconsin
I have a Harman Advance, was running fine then went in to a low burn mode and is not feeding pellets. I have clean it very well. When I start it in auto mode it fills the pot and ignites but then does not feed pellets after that. I have cleaned the esp probe. Any suggestions?

From the manual:
1- no pellets in the hopper no brainer there!
2 Firebox draft may be too low for low draft pressure switch in feeder circuit to operate. Ck. for closed doors & gaskets, faulty press. switch
3 feed motor will not operate until ESP senses 165*
4 something restricting flow in the hopper or causing the slide plate to stick.
5 feed motor failure

Since you just cleaned it, I would look close at the slide plate, something may be jammed there.

Thanks, for the suggestions. I cleaned the fines box, vacuumed all the gaskets really well, and unplugged from the surge protector. Not sure which one of these things took care of it but I am up and running again.