Harman Insert Which One Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kniffin50

Aug 9, 2008
in the notch- ct.
I need some advice on which Harman insert is easy on the ears. Stove is going in living room where we do spend most of our time.
We have a Regency wood stove in place now with a blower.P43 in basement rec room which heats the downstairs nicely. I know the sounds it makes and it would be nice to have a stove thats a little more quite.

A p35i would do the job but we want something a little more attractive. Can I assume the 35 would make the same noise as the 43 I like the rail system for cleaning and looks aren't everything.

Thanks Rusty

Last edited:
The 52i is not too noisy IMO, I've heard a few of them run. They can put out a hurricane of heat though if you crank the dual room fans up on full blast. Set down lower they are almost silent. It would be quieter than the P43, just the fact that it's cast iron and inset into the fireplace helps..

My p61 is fairly noisy, the 52i is quieter than it.

Thank You for your advice,I thought they same thing about it being cast iron and set into the fireplace.

Been looking on CL for a good used one,hoping spring comes quickly and someone posts one up.
But looking out the window at 20plus inches of snow and still falling thats not gonna be soon.

My comparison was with the P43 which is steel with cast iron door. But now that you mention it, I think the 35i is the same construction. I heard one P35i run, too long ago to recall if it was noisy or not.

You might find an older Accentra insert, pre 52i, on CL. They aren't too noisy either, less blower though and less output but probably sufficient for your needs where you have two stoves. They are cast iron too.