Harman P61

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacques909

Aug 2, 2013
Maine
I'm now a proud owner of a Harman P61! Took the plunge and went to my local Harman stove shop yesterday, very excited! Came with a free ton of Crabbe wood pellets too.

Congratulations! Now, all you need to do make us believe you actually got it is to post some pics of the stove and the install. ==c No pics = it didn't really happen.

Reactions: dylskee
Congrats! I like them so much I picked up 3 P61s ! ! 2 - P61 and 1 - P61a and with a little work they are all P 61a stoves now! LOL ! ! ! So where is your pics?

Hopefully its a P61A.....if it s P61, its been on the shelf a loooooooong time!

Don't know how big an area you're gonna try to heat with that bad boy, but I'm sure you'll be lovin the heat that it throws. Our P61A eliminated all of our oil burning except for DHW...Burn baby, burn!

Reactions: Jacques909
Its a P61A, I'm heating a little over 1200 sq foot area, one level home. I'm placing the stove in my living room which will face out to my kitchen. I have a small hall way off the kitchen that I'm hoping the heat will travel down to the bed rooms. I'm sure the bed rooms will be a little cooler than the living room and the kitchen, but don't mind since I prefer it cooler in the bed rooms anyway. I'm looking forward to the constant heat out put and using little oil as possible, hopefully eliminating using oil to heat my home.

1200 sq ft...heck, you'll have enough spare BTU's to heat your neighbors house too....just open the windows ;)

that doesn't sound like much fun. how's he supposed to heat his neighbor's house that way?? (I jest of course)

I heat 1700 SQ FT @ -40 with no problems with my P68, 2-3 bags a day. It could run harder if needed too.

Far rooms will get the most neglect, but I'm the same I like the rooms cool. Living room is mid 70's, bed rooms, mid 60's. Haven't tried fans, we like the rooms cool.

Reactions: Jacques909
Definitely get a couple box fans. Face them out from the room you want to get heat to, so you are blowing cool air toward the room where the stove is. I could not believe what a difference it made in the temperature of the bedrooms. We also have a one level house, 1400 square feet.

my suggestion: install the stove according to the manual, AND DONT DO ANYTHING ELSE (right away).....until you know you need to.....I heat two floors, 2000 square feet, with NO fans other than the one on the P61 I own........

Reactions: Delta-T
I heat the same amount of area Lousyweather, the stove is never maxed out. I love her!

Reactions: Lousyweather
Hello

Nice group of P61ers here. I joined this year with installing 2 - P61a stoves, one in the garage under the house and the other in the basement. 120k BTUs should be plenty for 1100 sqft on the 1st floor and 1100 sq ft in the basement! LOL Bring on the Cold Baby!

Also replaced the garage door that had a hole in it with cold and snow wafting in, and had 0.31 R value plywood panels with a whopping 2" thick foam door with additional silicone center core running a huge R18.4 R value!
See > > https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/overhead-garage-door-fix-it-again-or-junk-it.109612/

Attachments

• HarmanP61aBasement1.JPG
    HarmanP61aBasement1.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 383
  • HarmanP61aGarageUpdated.jpg
    HarmanP61aGarageUpdated.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 401
You will love it. I had to turn mine down last year at -11 when the house hit 75. I was running at stove temp 4.

Thanks I feel like its a new toy lol....warm/happy house is a good way to put it. Last year was cold and not so happy.

Are you getting a scenic Tile?

Or a T-Stat? (Wired, Wireless or WiFi with the smartphone app)

You will love it. I had to turn mine down last year at -11 when the house hit 75. I was running at stove temp 4.

Good to know, My stove last year was only 45k BTUs and just did not "Cut The Mustard" so this year I am wondering if one P61a alone will do it or 2 running on real low heat will be more even heat?

Hello

Nice group of P61ers here. I joined this year with installing 2 - P61a stoves, one in the garage under the house and the other in the basement. 120k BTUs should be plenty for 1100 sqft on the 1st floor and 1100 sq ft in the basement! LOL Bring on the Cold Baby!

Also replaced the garage door that had a hole in it with cold and snow wafting in, and had 0.31 R value plywood panels with a whopping 2" thick foam door with additional silicone center core running a huge R18.4 R value!
See > > https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/overhead-garage-door-fix-it-again-or-junk-it.109612/

Nooooooooo.....against NFPA AND the manual to install in a garage!

Status
Not open for further replies.