Harman P68 testing igniter, control board & fuse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dudley14

Mar 9, 2019
Indiana
Harman P68 igniter is not working. Everything has been cleaned so I’m onto testing the igniter, the igniter leads and the control panel. What specific numbers am I looking for with these tests, where/what do I test on the control board and how do I test the fuse on the control board? Thanks.

I think that igniter is usually in the high 30s to low 40s. The fuse you just test for continuity. Is the stove feeding pellets? Have you taken the igniter out to make sure the fins aren’t clogged. Did you double check the igniter switch is on auto?

Yes, the stove is feeding pellets, everything else seems fine. I ran the stove at the end of last winter via manual. I’ve pulled the igniter, cleaned it and it’s housing area. Absolutely no heat on the pellets, no warming of the igniter. Igniter switch is on auto. Thanks for the response.