Harman Pf100 feeds and then stops?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

a5t1

Dec 6, 2011
UP
Our Pf100 just started doing this:

I noticed the house was getting cool and went downstairs to check the furnace. It was out and the status light was flashing. I reset it (turned off main power and then turned it back on). It seemed to work as normal, feed light came on, feed motor turned on and the ignitor light came on.

A short time later the fire lit and the feed light came on again..normal. However the feed motor didn't turn on. The light went off and then came on again, as usual. But the feed motor is turning on.

Do I need a new feed motor is it something else?

Okay, turns out the feed assembly was jammed up. Emptied 3.5 bags of pellets from the hopper, took it all apart, cleaned it and we're back in business.

Okay, turns out the feed assembly was jammed up. Emptied 3.5 bags of pellets from the hopper, took it all apart, cleaned it and we're back in business.
pretty robust feed assembly...what did it jamb on? also when the status lights blink....count the blinks....the number is a trouble code...

Not so fast...

After some reading and troubleshooting the light comes on for the feed motor on the control panel, however, the feed motor doesn't come on.

I have power to the low pressure switch but not after, which powers the feed motor.

If I shut it down, shut off the power to reset it. It will start up again like normal but after the fire is lit I get no power to the feed motor.

Bad low pressure switch? help?

before replacing the pressure switch, make sure that the venting is clean. the pressure switch is a safety feature...not enough vaccum. pressure switch could be bad, but much higher percentage that its blocked exhaust, dirty combustion blower, baffle plates not in correctly...something like that.

Delta was exactly correct. I had cleaned everything in the stove but not the exhaust vent. Cleaned that out and now the pf100 is back. thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.