Harman Vacuum Issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pjconnolly12

Dec 5, 2016
Hello All,

I have a Harman P61-2 pellet stove and I am having a vacuum issue. The auger wouldn't start until I bypassed the vacuum switch. This has led me to be sure it is a vacuum issue that won't allow my stove to feed.

I have cleaned the stove recently, and even did another clean when this issue occurred. My only thoughts are two things: 1) My door gasket needs to be changed 2) My vacuum switch needs to be replaced.

Are there any other ideas anyone has that would be causing this?

Side Note: When I turn my door handle all the way to tighten it, the door seems loose and the dollar test fails. But when I turn the handle once around to loosen it a little and then close the door it makes a tight seal and passes the dollar test. Does the door handle not being tightened all the way effect the seal??

Sometimes the vacuum tubes become brittle and crack. You might need to trim them back and reseat.

Check to see if the tubing is clogged at all.

clogged venting is also an option...remember that the "vacuum" of the combustion chamber is interconnected with the "pressure" of the exhaust. If you have a screen or something on the end of the exhaust pipe its a common constriction point. good luck

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! It ended up being that my Vacuum Switch was bad. I didn't expect that to be the issue because I have heard those rarely go bad but for only $20 I figured why not order one just in case. I hooked it up once I got it and boom!!! it worked!!