Harman XXV Top Vent Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

twodogs02

Burning Hunk
Nov 30, 2013
plus.google.com
Last week I broke the stove down for the one ton cleaning. I realized the dealer never showed me how to clean the combustion chamber with the top vent option so I blew it out with the shop vac and put everything back together.

Came home to a cold house with status light blinking 4 times. Called the dealer, dealer said it's a vacuum problem created by dirty combustion chamber as the auger won't turn.

After 45 minutes of trouble shooting, my stove is running now in stove mode (cat bit the room probe sensor which caused the error) so I called the dealer this morning to ask them how I access the combustion chamber. The kid working Saturday didn't know and could not find anything from Harman, which I have the same problem - no documentation on the top vent option.

Can someone please tell me how to access the combustion path with the top vent option installed. I have a corner install and it's very very hard to get in the back to examine things closely.

Last edited:
Here's a video concerning XXV maintenance...

Doesn't look like they specifically address the combustion area you refer to on your XXV,
but maybe one of the others on that page will. Good Luck.

funny..
tell you to lower the flame and next you see scraping with an inferno going strong..

not sure what that last post was about, can anyone answer how to access the combustion chamber for clean out when top vent option is installed on XXV?

not sure what that last post was about, can anyone answer how to access the combustion chamber for clean out when top vent option is installed on XXV?
Not sure if this will help you and I do not know your stove. Harman.com has installation instructions and owners manuals there. Yow may be able to make heads or tails from them on your top vent I just looked at it and it may be a behind the stove adventure for you. The manuals are downloadable so you can save them on your PC good luck

The Top Vent kit is an exhaust vent adapter. Quad's version has a simple trap door for cleaning the exhaust, I don't know about Harman's.

Did they say combustion chamber, or combustion blower?

Bump

Status
Not open for further replies.