Hartman fan problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
No. Are you using OEM parts or chinese knock offs?

No. they warrantied the first motor but not the second, factory parts all the way. The first one lasted just two years and the second one not even two. I use about 3 1/2 tons per year.

Has anybody had to replace a Harman Insert combustion fan every two years?
I’ve had my Accentra Insert for 11 years now and both fans are still going strong with no issues.

Are you using an OAK or drawing in from behind the stove? Also if behind the stove how clean is it back there?

The dealer set it up to draw from behind the stove. The dealer did the installation, and they replaced the first blower motor 23 months ago.

It would help to know what failed on the motor, like"burned up, or "seized".
Also, which accentra????

We have a P35, the small one. The bearings went in both instances. The stove became so noisy we couldn't stand it, so we took the motor for inspection and the problem was obvious.

OK, it's not an Accentra. But, I can only think of a few things, too much heat behind stove insert, not really likely, and blower staying on when it should not be. You might even no notice, being an insert.

We'd notice if it was staying on, it is very obvious when it shuts off. The heat behind the stove is something I would hope the installers would be aware of. Being an insert, one would expect heat back there I would think? Our dealer tells us those motors are incredibly reliable.

They are very reliable, which makes your case strange. They do change speeds, and are pretty quiet when on low. But, perhaps you have a control board issue, where, after stove is "off" and shut down, it is supplying a low voltage to the motor, so it is running, but at a very low speed, so you don't notice?
Anyway, just throwing stuff out, as it is a strange problem.