Hearth Mate part needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Escape Artist

Jan 23, 2018
Maine
Hello all,

I just installed an old Hearth Mate stove in beautiful condition. After cleaning it out and replacing the firebricks, I discovered it had a coal grate with external brackets for a shaker lever/handle that I didn't get with the stove.

The measurements of the attachment points for the bracket and shaker arm are as follows. The lever arm attaches to square bracket with 1/8” hole, 4” away from round 1/2” grater rod with another 1/8” hole in it.

Two questions for the group:

1. Does anyone know a source for the handle? I'd love to burn coal in this stove if I could.
2. Does anyone have a manual for this stove?

I'm attaching photos.

Keep warm!

James in Maine

FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_8239.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_2980.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
No manual, but it wouldn't take much to have a welding shop make up a handle for it. Looks like a 3/4" steel pipe nipple cut down would slip over the shaft. Drill it out so that it can be through bolted to the shaft and weld a handle on it.