Hearth project started (With pictures)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
raybonz said:
Todd said:
Look at all that purdy stainless, you sure you want to ruin it by burning it? ;-)

LOL Todd maybe I'll wax it 1st.. Still mid 70's here so a bit warm to burn in but am thinking about a couple small fires to bake the paint.. Good time to do it as I am alone right now..

Ray

If you weren't so darned ornery Ray, you wouldn't be alone now. :)

It won't be long before a couple of those small fires will feel good but getting the initial burns done is good too. Good luck.

Can't argue with that you old goat lo :p Did my 1st burn today in an effort to set the paint.. Wasn't too bad as I burnt a few white pine rounds and a few chunks of Ash.. Might do this again tomorrow with all the windows open and ceiling fan running.. Pretty easy to light the new stove and I think it will easy to run once I understand its' quirks..

Ray

raybonz said:
Backwoods Savage said:
raybonz said:
Todd said:
Look at all that purdy stainless, you sure you want to ruin it by burning it? ;-)

LOL Todd maybe I'll wax it 1st.. Still mid 70's here so a bit warm to burn in but am thinking about a couple small fires to bake the paint.. Good time to do it as I am alone right now..

Ray

It won't be long before a couple of those small fires will feel good but getting the initial burns done is good too. Good luck.

Can't argue with that you old goat lo :p Did my 1st burn today in an effort to set the paint.. Wasn't too bad as I burnt a few white pine rounds and a few chunks of Ash.. Might do this again tomorrow with all the windows open and ceiling fan running.. Pretty easy to light the new stove and I think it will easy to run once I understand its' quirks..

Ray

You're going to hell for that. Hell, I say.

BrowningBAR said:
raybonz said:
Backwoods Savage said:
raybonz said:
Todd said:

Ray

Ray

Honestly I burn very little pine other than for starting fires but it seemed like a good idea for break in fires.. Looking forward to seeing secondary burn but the small fire I did I saw nothing other than regular flames..

Ray

You're going to hell for that. Hell, I say.

Second burn today and this stove seems to work pretty well.. Just baking the paint and this stove is easy to run and should be easy to learn too.. FYI was 71 and raining here but MUCH warmer in the house lol...

Ray

Attachments

• 2011 08 07 001 (Medium).jpg
    2011 08 07 001 (Medium).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 2011 08 07 002 (Medium).jpg
    2011 08 07 002 (Medium).jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 2011 08 07 003 (Medium).jpg
    2011 08 07 003 (Medium).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 158
Here's a video (my 1st ever) I did with my digital camera.. Looks like this stove will be easy to run!

http://youtu.be/4oiom9VDC_0

Ray

Nice looking fire. Just don't burn all your wood before Fall. ;-)

Todd said:
Nice looking fire. Just don't burn all your wood before Fall. ;-)

Thanx Todd! Definitely too warm to run the stove! Was 72 out and 82 inside with the windows open lol.. Wife and kids didn't appreciate it, dunno why lol.. This stove seems to be very easy to use and that's a plus and great looking fire view..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.