Heat & glow excape humming sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cabela's

Jan 18, 2020
gabe1999
I just had a new escape 30 gas fireplace insert installed and it makes a low pitch humming noise when the fan is on that
resonates though the whole house and into your ears. After about 20 minutes our ears start hurting so bad you have to shut it off , it can get pretty severe and take hours for the pain to go away. this has happen to 3 people. Of coarse the dealer doesn't believe us. He doesn't believe me when I tell him how bad it is. Everybody that's been here has heard it but him . I'm honestly afraid to use it for fear of damaging our ears. Anybody had this problem with s heat & glow.
Thanks