Heatilator ws18 or ws22 recommendations.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TomMcDonald

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2022
Australia
Hi forum,

I've been trying to research the heatilator ws18 and ws22 range. I have found a bit of info on the ws22 but little on the ws18.

Wondering if anyone here has a ws18 and would like to share thoughts on its performance.

I'm looking at possibly purchasing one to heat a small house (1750 sqf) in Australia where the lowest temps are only around 20f.

From what I can see it has a 2 cubic foot firebox and is the most efficient stove currently available in Australia.

Thanks.

Tom

Yes the WS18 from Eco-choice is the easier to afford model of Quyadrafire's 3100 stove. The eco-choice brand was a thinner gauge of steel, but for the money and not beat on, that stove will run for years. We found it to run around 6 hrs on a load of wood and here in New England, would heat nicely up to about 1200 sq ft or so. For the money spent, a nice easy to use dependable heater.

Reactions: begreen
If you search back in this forum to threads around 2010 to 2015 there is more info:

If you search back in this forum to threads around 2010 to 2015 there is more info:
Thanks. Have searched high and low.

Looks like these stoves aren't available in North America anymore.l but I can still buy them bew over here. I wonder what the story is there.

Yes the WS18 from Eco-choice is the easier to afford model of Quyadrafire's 3100 stove. The eco-choice brand was a thinner gauge of steel, but for the money and not beat on, that stove will run for years. We found it to run around 6 hrs on a load of wood and here in New England, would heat nicely up to about 1200 sq ft or so. For the money spent, a nice easy to use dependable heater.
Thanks. Does it get very cold in New England?

Ok - I think I'm pretty keen on the WS18.

My last question is do you think it'll be big enough for my house? as above it's around 1700sqf in a temperate climate (similar to parts of NW California and coastal PNW).

It'll be in a 900sqf open plan living room, kitchen, dining room, with ducting which will move the heat down the hallway.

Thanks,

Tom.