hello again folks!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pict

Hearth Supporter
Sep 1, 2007
oklahoma
Hi all, and greetings from sunny scotland. I don't know if anyone will remember me or not, but last year I left the US to return home to Scotland. I said I would keep in touch and let you all know how things were going.
Well, i mananged to find a job, and we've (me, wife, 3 boys and new baby) moved into an old cottage built in the 1800's. it has a big old wood/coal burning hob grate with side oven in the living room, an old fireplace in the other bottom room and a pot bellied wood burning stove in the kitchen, which works really well, but it's nowhere near as nice as the osburn we had in the US!
I'll post some pics shortly. anyway, hope you're all doing ok.

cheers!

Welcome back pict. Good to hear things have worked out for you. What sort of work are you doing?

We'd love some pictures and to hear more about the changes. How are the boys adapting?

PS: Time to update your location. It's off by about 5000 miles. :)

pict said:
Hi all, and greetings from sunny scotland. I don't know if anyone will remember me or not, but last year I left the US to return home to Scotland. I said I would keep in touch and let you all know how things were going.
Well, i mananged to find a job, and we've (me, wife, 3 boys and new baby) moved into an old cottage built in the 1800's. it has a big old wood/coal burning hob grate with side oven in the living room, an old fireplace in the other bottom room and a pot bellied wood burning stove in the kitchen, which works really well, but it's nowhere near as nice as the osburn we had in the US!

cheers!

What does firewood cost in Scotland?

BrowningBAR said:
pict said:

cheers!

Maybe he's burning peat!

Pict, awesome to hear you and the family are doing well!

How about some pics of your new (to you) appliances? Any upgrades or changes in the near future? It is good to hear that you are settling in.

tickbitty said:
BrowningBAR said:
pict said:

cheers!

Maybe he's burning peat!

Pict, awesome to hear you and the family are doing well!

I figured that was the case, but I used the word 'firewood' as a generalized term.

My construction boss was from Ireland. He doesn't know how the irish can actually make a living over there anymore. It's good to hear someone went back home and is doing well. The sounds of the old cottage intrigues me, would appreciate some pics if he has some time.

Souns pretty interesting.What is your temperature range throughout the year? What kind of wood do you use for firewood?

Status
Not open for further replies.