Helmet...Which One

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Stick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 26, 2011
Capital Region, NY
Bought a nice pair of used stihl promark chaps on fleabay....I need to buy a helmet. Pretty much gonna buy on ebay. A range of prices and brands. Forester brand? Stihl? Husqvarna? Dont want to drop a ton of money but I am not wanting to cut without proper protective gear anymore, Looking for a helmet that will do the job without going overboard.Thanks for input.

Just pitching in, I recently bought a Stihl branded helmet system and like most of their safety gear, I found it to be comfortable and functional as well. I think the helmet was made by Peltor (or at least the earlier version was).

If you want an all-in-one forestry helmet, I think any of the certified helmet systems will server you well (Stihl, Husqvarna, Peltor, Rockman, etc.). I've been wearing the Stihl forstry helmet system for the past 4 years and I like the comfort. You can get replacement parts at your dealer. I put in a hygiene kit this summer (new ear pads and foam).

Status
Not open for further replies.