Help! Identify old Jotul?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MollyHFX53

Nov 29, 2021
Halifax
Hi team,

Classic story - bought a house and wood stove was in place. It’s a two door wood insert, can’t see any identifications but a Jotul marking. Can’t find it on any Jotul sites (even the antique ones). Anyone have any ideas?

Also, the doors won’t close (looks like the latch catcher is missing) if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, I’d seriously appreciate it! Pics attached. (Trying to replace gasket atm so don’t mind the tape)

Thank you!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a Jotul that was most likely only sold overseas and possibly some in Canada. I have not seen this model insert in the US market at all. I would suggest calling up your local Jotul dealer and running the picture by them. They were most likely who installed it.

Can anybody help me identify this wood stove? As you can see it was made in West Germany, and The only thing I can find is that it’s more than likely a coal burning stove. Looking for approximate date, value, if it’s worth restoring or leaving as it is.

CA439D91-3C8E-4E95-87B0-723075C14CFD.jpeg A07A82CF-4EDB-4024-8DE5-1AC831E42E26.jpeg

It's a coal stove. See other post.