HELP IDENTIFYING MY STOVE PLEASE!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas0n

Oct 13, 2015
Uk
Could somebody please help me i.d my stove as I have to find a grate for it. It would be much appreciated

Thanks
Jason

ba7a9647326293dbe3bea9326f32ea9c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked for identifying tags on the back or bottom of the stove (usually back)? Back in the day Morso was known for using swirl designs above the doors. But there was a few others as well. This doesn't look like one of the many billy bob the builders stoves that came out of every shop that had a welder. It does look more "factory" with refined edges and well built slides and hinges. Sorry I can't be of more help, but maybe google Morso to see if you can locate any pics of older stoves that look like this.

Buck was another MFG that used that slide design from time to time. But the stove itself looks like more of a European design.

Last edited:
There is no tags or any markings anywhere on it. I will google
Morson stoves now and see what comes up. Thanks for your help jags

Sorry, not many users from the UK here. Have you tried some local chimney sweep or stove shop? And are you sure you need a grate? Most wood stoves should not have any.

Sorry, not many users from the UK here

Awww heck, I didn't even notice the UK thing. I guess I was right about the European design.;);lol

I just tried Morso jags, the spell check on the iPhone changed the spelling to morson.
Grisu, I will be having a chimney sweep come by on Saturday so hopefully they might be able to help.

Thanks again

I knew I had seen one somewhere. Just couldn't recall where/when.

Status
Not open for further replies.