Help I'm broken down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree

Hearth Supporter
Feb 23, 2009
Batavia, IL.
i'm broke down !!since I have no help I need to dig in myself. The auger won't turn the green light is on . Motor not turning . The fan blades are broken off but I can't figure out why and I'm not sure how to test my motor. To see if it's siezed . Fan motor works fine just no blades . I did a pretty good cleaning at the begining of the season .

I have tested the sensors and they are fine I tried to get the motor off the auger and I can't get it off I took out the screw I see that holds it on but it wont budge . frustrated !!!! the combustion motor blade broke I guess this is wear and tear since they do sell these seperately ?

Break out your multimeter and see if you have power to the auger. If so, you need to somehow get it out and replace. If not, the problem is further upstream.

If the combustion fan blades are broken off the auger won't work, no vacuum.

Thank you for that I figured that out that it may not run because the fan blades are broke but the broblem is . I only want to order parts once and I'm not sure if the motor works so I was going to plug it into an outlet to test it and see if it would work . Well I wasnt sure if i could do that or if it would blow it up too much elec . So I thought I would take it out and test it now I cant get it off the auger . I took the screw out and then tried to get it off it moved a bit I think but it won't come . I think it is part of the way boy this just isn't easy !!!! is there a pin in the end of the auger too ?

If you bypass the vacuum switch the auger should turn, it just needs vacuum.

ok finally got it all broken down I had to take the back off to get the auger and motor out . It looks like it didn't move at all so that's good if the motor is good I can just put it back together but I thought there was too much of a gap between the motor and the plate on the stove wood shavings were comming out there a little bit . it looked like the auger had slipped down . The last time it broke down they came and took it and worked on it at the shop so I didn't see what they did but I think they didn't put it back right . Anyway now they don't support it anymore. and I have to work on it myself . So I took the combustion motor off that was hard I wish I had the strength of a mans hands !!! now I got off the broken fan blade . the fiberglass gasket is kind of messed up but not too bad I'm sure I have to replace it ? also are these parts universall or do I have to order from Countryside ? should I replace sensors at this Point ???

I still can't figure out how to get the auger off the motor there is too much space in between I think it needs to be a tighter fit there is a washer in there but it doesn't do anygood unless it is tight between the motor and the metal plate.

can anyone answer this what goes on the end of the auger inbetween the motor ? I have a white plastic bushing but it doesn't stay up in place is there supposed to be a clip holding it?

Status
Not open for further replies.