HELP NEEDED INFO ABOUT NEW LINER FOR BLAZE KING ULTRA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kwikrp

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
SE Mass
I am getting quotes on installing a new 8 inch 25 foot insulated liner for my new Blaze King Ultra. I need to know the necessary components. It will be going through a 4 inch block wall and into and interior chimney. I want the thimble as close to the ceiling as possible.In this way I can get close to the 32 inch straight rise before any elbows that blaze king recommends. One guy said a chimney top, cap, flexi stainless steel pipe 25 foot and T connection for a clean out. He said the T would be open at the bottom so when swept that the debris would fall through the bottom opening of the T and fall to the bottom of the chimney and removed from the clean-out door. What connection or thimble should be used ? I have seen other posts about a block-off plate ? What is this and do I need one ? Anything else I should know? I want to do it once and right the first and only time.
Should I get ridged or flexi . Some advise on the straight ridge others have said there are more seams that may leak or loosen. Some say the flexi is harder to clean and the rigid clean easier and get cleaner. Thanks

no opinions ?

Block off plates are used when stoves or inserts are installed into a fireplace. Not needed in your installation if there isn't an open fireplace involved. As to leaving the cap off the bottom of the tee, don't even think about it. The air coming in from the bottom of the tee will kill the draft in that liner. If a tee is installed the cap that comes with it has to be installed on the bottom of the tee.

Flex or rigid I will let others address.

Flex would typically be used when you don't have a straight run and NEED to be flexible (ha)! If you have a straight shot, go with rigid, your sweeping duties will be a percentage easier.

Personally (and I am NOT a PRO) I like the rigid if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.