help to many pellets englander stove 55-shp240

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

85swb

Hearth Supporter
Nov 15, 2008
northern wi
stove is in my basement it does not seem to get enough air to the burn pot and will over fill wont burn on any thing more than 5 called tech line about 10 times checked every thing still nothing any help would be great and maybe might even move the stove to main level will over flow burn pot with in an hour have cleaned it many many times nothing seems to be working stove is new as well as all the pipe starting to get cold out willing to try any thing thanks

It could simply be a problem with the air intake. How long is the run for your Outside Air Kit?

That certainly might help. Before you run out and buy new pipe, disconnect the existing air intake from the stove to see if the flame changes. The two most important things for a good burn are unresrticted intake and exhaust.

the air does not change at all my total run on the out let is one tee five feet up 90 then three feet out the intake is 90 theen up 5 feet 90 and out adout one foot

huh???

the exhaust is a total of 8 feet with 1 tee and 1 90 elbo all three inch the intake is 2 90 elbos and a total of 6 feet long took the intake off of back of stove and makes no change at all

well maybe its just the stove itself no matter what i do or who i talk to i get the same result incomplete burn and over filling of the burn pot in about an hour going thru way to much pellets oil would be cheaper right now

Did you call the company?

yes i sure did about ten times and i still got the same problem any one know exactly what the bottom three buttons do maybe i should change them from the factory setting

factory settings are 6-4-1. First one is pellet feed rate, second one is blower, never touch the 3rd one. With milder outside temps I have mine set at 5-5-1. The top two buttons set at 1 for pellet feed & 2 for blower speed . This is for the Englander stove, which looks just like yours but not sure if it has the same settings.

the factory had me set them all they were at 9 9 9 now they are at 1 9 1 what are there functions so this way i know how to set it also do you have the 240lb hopper on yours too i really like that feature

I believe your hopper also has a plate in the bottom of it. Make sure that plate is closed as far as it will go. This plate will slow down the amount of fuel fed into the top auger.

The settings of 1-9-1 only affect the stove when it's running at settings 1 or 2. Is this when the problems occur?

Have you solved the problem with your stove yet? I recently purchased one and am having the same problems. The only difference between your set-up and mine is i already have the 3 inch oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.