help with a new drolet heat max.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bedrock1

Feb 5, 2015
harbour grace
hi i have a new drolet heat max 4 months old, blower wont stay on long , im burning a lot of wood . it seem hard to heat my house that is only 1000sq feet, could it be the thermo disc gone.

What did PSG say when you called them ?

Can you provide some pictures of your install ?

What moisture is your wood ?

What are your high and low temps set to on the snapdisc ? Mine are set to 100F off and 150F on.

they said first i could be losing static pressure to fast to put dampers in the 2 8inch pipe did that and adjusted them to differents.so i call them yesterday they said it could be a faulty snap disc so they are sending a new one,mine is 120/160 i think. my wood is good and try. my 8 inch pipes are hot to touch furnace blower wont come on right away and when it do only for 5-10 min

Are your secondaries lightning off once you get a good fire going ?

Did you change the settings on the snap disc or is that how it was set from factory ? 160 and 120 seem too high IMHO.

Mine was set at 150 on and 100 off from the factory.

EDIT: Pictures speak a thousand words also. ;)

Last edited:

Did you change the settings on the snap disc or is that how it was serom factory ? 160 and 120 seem too high IMHO.

hi i have a rea

Did you change the settings on the snap disc or is that how it was set from factory ? 160 and 120 seem too high IMHO.

hi i

Hi I have really good secondary lighting,I never change the snap disc I will get some pictures

hi i have a rea

hi i

Hi I have really good secondary lighting,I never change the snap disc I will get some pictures
Pictures the first one is drafter closed other open

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 338
furnace blower wont come on right away and when it do only for 5-10 min

When it shuts off after 5-10 minutes, can you hold your hand on the 8" ducts without them being too hot? If so, that could add evidence that you might not have enough static pressure. My blower shuts off once the ducts are warm (not hot). But yours might be different if you really have a 120-160 snap disc.

I'm pretty sure these are not adjustable snap discs, so it would have to somehow be a case of the wrong part if your temperature setting is abnormal.

Pictures the first one is drafter closed other open
@laynes69 helped me get my damper dialed in. When my thermostat is calling for heat the damper is only open about and 1/8". I just put a nail in the damper when I am starting a fire to give it some extra air. To me it looks like your damper is too far open. I am not sure if that can be adjustable on that furnace.

Have you had your draft checked on your chimney ? And do you have a barometric damper ?

Are you pulling your cold air from your duct work or the room the furnace is in ?

EDIT: How clean are your heat exchanger tubes ? Their should be a drawer above the damper to check them.

Last edited:
hi i tryed closeing the drafter that is not open all the way blower still wont stay going long. i tryed running it manuelly , i never check the draft from my chimney i know it drawing good, no i dont have a barometric . i have some air from the furnace room being pull in and i have a cold intake running to my main floor.

hi i tryed closeing the drafter that is not open all the way blower still wont stay going long. i tryed running it manuelly , i never check the draft from my chimney i know it drawing good, no i dont have a barometric . i have some air from the furnace room being pull in and i have a cold intake running to my main floor.
the furnace room is not cold in there.

i can not change the setting on the snap disc on less i put other one in, the company is sending me one to cut in at 110 instaed of 120

I noticed about a month ago looking at a Tundra, the openings for the primary air under the damper were smaller than what I have. I figured it was due to the damper opening so far. I don't know if the damper is adjustable on the Tundra.

hi i tryed closeing the drafter that is not open all the way blower still wont stay going long
Maybe you have addressed this elsewhere already but this sounds kinda like wood that is not dry enough. From what I have read, these things like really dry wood. It can make a huge difference in heat output.
Also, I can't remember, did you say you do or do not have an air filter on the blower?

What do you have for a chimney? If you say its drawing good, and have no baro, you might have too much draft too. Order that manometer yet? ;)

I don't know if the damper is adjustable on the Tundra.
I haven't actually laid my hands on it yet, but from the looks of things from the parts diagram, it is adjustable. It shows a rotary damper control with 12 holes all around the wheel and the damper push rod is in the 10 or 11 o'clock(ish) position.

I haven't actually laid my hands on it yet, but from the looks of things from the parts diagram, it is adjustable. It shows a rotary damper control with 12 holes all around the wheel and the damper push rod is in the 10 or 11 o'clock(ish) position.
yeah i did do that already adjusted the damper , the blower will stay going if the damper is open all the was.

i dont have a fillter on it
Try putting a filter on it. That will lower the CFM output of the blower a bit. Lowering the output of the blower air lowers the cooling effect of the air on the furnaces heat exchangers, and that will keep the blower on longer and raise the air temp coming out of the registers too. Don't hafta buy the filter kit but try it even if you have to just duct tape something on there temporary for testing. The higher the MERV rating of the filter provides for more restriction. Don't go too crazy with it though, that blower still has to be able to keep the furnace cool if things get a lil hot sometimes!

Last edited:
Try putting a filter on it. That will lower the CFM of the blower a bit. Lowering the velocity of the blower air lowers the cooling effect of the air on the furnaces heat exchangers. That will keep the blower on longer and raise the air temp coming out of the registers too. Don't hafta buy the filter kit but try it even if you have to just duct tape something on there temporary for testing. The higher the MERV rating of the filter provides for more restriction. Don't go too crazy with it though, that blower still has to be able to keep the furnace cool if things get a lil hot sometimes!
I will try that thanks I will try anything now

I will try that thanks I will try anything now
Oh, and you will have to cover the other blower intake grill(s) with some tin (or maybe some cardboard, just for temporary testing purposes)
Assuming you don't have the blower pulling from a cold air return duct here...

Reactions: sloeffle
Status
Not open for further replies.