Help with heat issue please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mystove

Nov 28, 2012
I have a PDVC Englander.

One issue I have going on this year is that the air blowing out the front is warm on the left side but quite cool on the right side. Is this a matter of cleaning out something here and how is the best way?

Very ashy pellets this year also for some reason and not getting the heat we were with Greenway, but none local. Even the Somerset pellets we tried earlier this year were nothing like they had been in the past and too much ash this year.

I'm freezing here...

Clean the heat exchanger area behind the metal plate in the firebox. Also clean out the exhaust, it should be done every 1 ton burned for best results / heat output.

Disconnect the power from the stove before you do any cleaning / maintenance, electricity can kill.

Room air blower, this is on the right of the stove as you look at it front on, clean out the fluff / dog / cat hairs from the blades. To get to it you have to get behind the stove, and if you have small hands you can get to the fan blades, if not, you have to remove 4 bolts that hold the blower to the back of the firebox, and the control panel will need to removed to get the blower out to clean it.

One issue I have going on this year is that the air blowing out the front is warm on the left side but quite cool on the right side. Is this a matter of cleaning out something here and how is the best way?

This is normal for this stove.

If you want more heat from the stove, change the stove to run in 'c' mode, instructions can be found via the link below. -- NOTE: Do not run the stove in mode A or b, the stove was not designed to run in these modes.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/englander-25-pvdc-tuning.121069/page-2#post-1840776

If you can find them (pellets), get hold of some Nature's Own or Fireside Ultra's, these burn hot in this stove as well as Blazer's.

Status
Not open for further replies.