Help with pellet stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ysld7

Dec 14, 2021
Ny
I have a England stove works pellet stove, I bought it used last year it ran great and I was running great this year until tonight! When the stove is in SU mode everything works great,But soon as it comes out of start up mode the auger feeds pellets maybe for another minute and then it just stops feeding pellets and the fire dies! It doesn’t make any sense on why it would work and start up mode but once it gets out a start up mode it shuts down! Please help!

Disclaimer first: I know nothing about your model. But I am guessing it is one of the sensors. It starts up ok, then stops feeding. There is a sensor that shuts the feeder motor down if it is running too hot, and dangerous. It is called a snap disc. You might be able to find a small button on it and you can press and reset it.

Of course, it makes more sense if you go by the trouble shooting guide of your stove.

Is there a code after SU mode? Does it take a while for the pellets to light? Thinking if it takes a while to light, the stove is not sensing proof of fire and shuts down. The stove should then show a code (E2 or E3 if I remember correctly).

I'll be the first to ask..... when was the last time the stove and venting was deep cleaned?

Reactions: Mt Bob
What model / year Englander? Need more info, first.

Eric

Is there a code after SU mode? Does it take a while for the pellets to light? Thinking if it takes a while to light, the stove is not sensing proof of fire and shuts down. The stove should then show a code (E2 or E3 if I remember correctly).

I'll be the first to ask..... when was the last time the stove and venting was deep cleaned?
Deep cleaned? I vacuum it out every 2 days n I get the vacuum in the exhaust holes where the smoke goes 2 the exhaust pipe! I’m new 2 stoves! Sorry lol n no no code n the fire it’s nice n hot n the fan turns on but when it goes out of SU mode it shuts off! Now last night it did not go off n has been working all night n is still working! But when it’s in su mode that fire is high n hot n hit hits temp n kicks the blower on

What model / year Englander? Need more info, first.

Eric

AAFB1B2C-8053-4CC2-872A-9B3EF7C6A1D3.jpeg

I'm not familiar with your stove, but my guess, in looking at he manual, is that you've got a problem with either your vacuum switch or hopper lid switch. The PROM will startup the stove but then once it kicks out of the startup routine, one of these isn't being satisfied which is killing the auger and causing a shut down.

Eric

I'm not familiar with your stove, but my guess, in looking at he manual, is that you've got a problem with either your vacuum switch or hopper lid switch. The PROM will startup the stove but then once it kicks out of the startup routine, one of these isn't being satisfied which is killing the auger and causing a shut down.

Eric
I don’t think it’s the hopper switch because that wasn’t working correctly it wouldn’t work in start up now either Which it does and then when he goes out to start off mow sometime it shuts off