help with thermastate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bull

Hearth Supporter
Dec 7, 2008
south east ky
i am running my insert up stairs now , and it is doing great. but it is shutting off my central heat and air unit . now the rooms at the fare ends arent as warm as th
fisherinsertf1.jpg
ey should be. does anyone know how to fix this. thanks

Try a fan on the floor on the far end of your house and push that cool air towards the stove room and the warm air will flow back in around to replace it.

Put another thermostat in the cold area to kick on the furnace.

will try it. my bedroom is in the basement and that is where i have a large stove it usaully warms the up stairs right above us in the other bedrooms and bath . the only thing is that me and my wife burn up at night windows open hard too sleep late last year got a fire place insert for the upstairs now its cold downstairs and some up in the bedrooms. cant win for losing. when im here i run just the fans on my unit. but when i go to bed turn the heat back on. i was hoping that someone had a good idea on what too do i am open to all suggestions. i have a small baby bear stove i thought i might use in the basement and take out the large stove to knock off the chill. what do you all think thanks

I really like the rustic look of your hearth!! Looks like it has been there 100 years... Even with the stove cold the setting is warm in appearance..

Ray

thank you , we just tore up the nasty carpet and put down flooring it really looks better. we are wanting a older farm house with the same look . bought the house from my parents it is 38 yrs old.

Very nice setup. Try putting a small floor fan blowing on low outside the room where the stove is. That should push the air out of that room and circulate it around. Hey hope those flowers hanging from the mantle are plastic and not dried up flowers, they can be very combustible. just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.